Monday, August 16, 2010

Can I Pretend?

Can I just pretend that running 7.5 miles at 3,000 feet is the same as running 12 miles at my normal 0-600 feet??

Can I just pretend that running while filthy and camping can count for more?


Can I just pretend that if I run on trails that look like this it doesn't matter that I didn't do my scheduled 12??


Never mind. Looking at those makes me think I should've gone longer to enjoy more...

Can I pretend that attempting to swim in FRIGID water and raising my heart rate in seconds can count for something??


Can I just pretend that since I ran 37 miles (which is my highest mileage week ever!) that I did enough??

Never mind. I don't really want to pretend.

I'll just switch some stuff around.

Do 12 Thursday since I was supposed to do 8.

Then, 8 on Saturday.

And then??

Hood To Coast!!

So excited.

A little anxious.

Not sure how me, on very little sleep, with a bunch of girls I don't know, running 14.9 miles in 2 days, looks like. But, I know it will be fun (right?) and so very worth it!

Off to do lunges before the temps get too high.

2 comments:

Julie D. said...

I LOOOVE that picture of you!!!

Amy said...

I agree with wanting to pretend that 7.5 actually counts for 12 at higher elevations! I always tell myself that when I run up at the cabin which is as high as Flagstaff. What is that, 6,000 or so feet? I am supposed to run on Saturday the 28th while I'm up at the cabin. The most I've run up there is 4.5. I'm kinda scared to attempt this. Not only is the elevation high, but it's not flat in their neighborhood! There is this beast of a hill on the loop that I do. Pray for me!

What A Difference The Hills Make

Hills. You either love them or hate them. Welcome them or dread them. Embrace or avoid them. Sometimes, I crave them.  I seek them o...