Perfect Advise
Powerbar
Pretty much always late
Preschool
Precious little time
Petrified at mile 9
Pleasantly surprised
Potential peaking through
P
Last night, I realized that I had zero Shot Bloks in the house. Nor was there a drop of GU. I had 14 to do today and my imagination was running wild trying to figure out just house I would fuel myself on my run.
Craisins?
Powerbar?
Marshmallows??
Okay, kidding on the marshmallows.
But, seriously a bit concerned. Do I drive into town with 4 kids?? Do I make do?? What to do???
I got on Facebook to see if my sweet friend, G, was available. We came up with a plan and I knew that my run could be a total fail. But, at least it would be a learning experience.
And then, worry set in and I had 20 minutes until I needed to pick the oldest up from wrestling practice. "Kids, let's go!!" The closest store options were Walgreens and Albertsons and wouldn't you know it, neither carried GU or Shot Bloks. Crap.
This morning I got dressed as soon as I woke up. Running gear on and ready to go. Now, all I needed to do was get all the kids out the door on time and get B and I out the door about 20 minutes earlier than normal. We could not be late.
I had an EASY 14 miles to run. Easy meaning it was to be run at an easy pace.
Unfortunately, I'm pretty much always late. Unfortunately, it was 9:06 when my watch turned on. Unfortunately, I needed to pick B up at 11:15. Crap.
GO!
8:29
8:30
8:22 Either I'm going to make it or I'm going to completely bonk and fail...
8:22
8:20 Wow, still feeling pretty good. Maybe...
8:30 Almost half-way. Either I can keep this up or...
8:22
8:17 Gorgeous. Simply gorgeous.
8:03 Last hill, last hard part, easy from here. Ride the hill and then push. Holy crap! Is that a man coming out of the trees? Is that a camera in his hands? No... Binoculars?? No... A BEER!!! It's barely even 10 in the morning!! Completely freaked out I took off and ran up the hill at a 7:55 pace. Scary!!!
8:20
8:17 I cannot believe this! Thank you for this blessing, Lord!! You are amazing!!
8:25
8:19 13.1. Stop. 1:49!! My fastest 13.1 ever!!
8:52 Huge smile on my face. PLENTY of time to get back to preschool. Making myself slow down and at least take 1 of my 14 miles easy. Smile did not leave my face! I kid you not, I could NOT stop smiling as I bounded along the road!
I didn't have any expectations of this run. After all, it was just a 14 mile training run. Nothing spectacular should have happened. I should not have been able to run my fastest longest run ever. I mean, seriously, 1:49?!?
I think I need a new mantra... run like you're going to be late for preschool pick-up. I could be in a new running ad. Any takers?? Nike? Saucony? Another Mother Runner?? Brooks? Oh, and I'm sure Lululemon needs some new ideas :) And I'm completely sure that they all want an ad with a mid-30's, middle of the pack, Mom of 5...
This was the end of marathon training week 3 and I haven't even begun my track workouts yet. I'm beyond excited to see where this body and mind will be in 15 more weeks!
**I started writing this yesterday and ran out of time. Therefore, pretend you're reading this on Friday not Saturday :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What A Difference The Hills Make
Hills. You either love them or hate them. Welcome them or dread them. Embrace or avoid them. Sometimes, I crave them. I seek them o...
-
I was recently contacted by CSN stores to host a giveaway on my blog. What fun! CSN has over 200 stores with some super fun stuff... you ca...
-
It's one of those days. One in which I fought with my daughter over her desire to not get out of her warm jammies so that she could get ...
-
I woke up at 6:45 Saturday morning and glanced at the clock. Excitement filled my body. Knowing, the very next day, I would be toeing the ...
6 comments:
I wouldn't call yourself middle of the pack at all! What a great time!
What an amazing run!!! You did such an incredible job. And I love that you were smiling. That is what it is all about! Way to rock it!!! Wish we lived closer and could go for a run together. Hugs!
POW!!! You nailed it girl! So excited for you! AMMMAAAZING!
You completely rocked that run.
Great run! There's something powerful in the pressure of time constraints, and the adrenaline! Can I add you to my blogroll? Would you be willing to add me as well? Thanks!
and let's pretend that I am not JUST reading it now. The semester is over.... finally.
Maybe now I will get back to being a "good" blog reader. For 15 days or so....
Post a Comment