I'm sitting here wishing my hubby was by my side.
I'm sitting here wanting to cry.
I ran my repeats this morning and did not hit my goal.
That's the first time I've done that.
The schedule called for 8 miles including warm up and cool down with 4x1600@7:21. I warmed up for 1 mile and kept myself slow and then...
7:19
7:17
7:22
7:23
I realize I wasn't off by much, but it's not like me to not get at least a bit under the goal pace.
Wednesday, I tried to run my 16 at race pace and didn't even come close.
Monday, was the usual Monday run of feeling like an elephant.
I haven't even gotten all my runs in this week, I have yet to do an easy 9 miles.
Am I struggling because I'm overtrained?
Is this just what I can expect with 1 more hard week to go before taper? That's what I keep telling myself...
1 more week and then I can "rest".
This is only marathon #2 for me and while training wasn't "easy" for #1, it wasn't like this. My mileage is at a place it's never been.
Is it just normal to be feeling this way??
I'm not going to fail, right??
I realize I'm hormonal.
I realize this is not the end of the world.
I also realize that I set goals for myself and I feel like I'm failing.
gulp.
Please tell me I'm not alone!
Stepping away from the running thoughts.
Time to celebrate a sweet little girl and her 7th birthday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What A Difference The Hills Make
Hills. You either love them or hate them. Welcome them or dread them. Embrace or avoid them. Sometimes, I crave them. I seek them o...
-
I was recently contacted by CSN stores to host a giveaway on my blog. What fun! CSN has over 200 stores with some super fun stuff... you ca...
-
It's one of those days. One in which I fought with my daughter over her desire to not get out of her warm jammies so that she could get ...
-
I woke up at 6:45 Saturday morning and glanced at the clock. Excitement filled my body. Knowing, the very next day, I would be toeing the ...
7 comments:
Meredith, you are not alone!! Reading this brings me back very VIVIDLY to my highest mileage weeks during my training. I remember thinking that it was so unusual for me not to run certain paces, feeling short tempered, legs heavy even after short runs... this is totally normal. I'd say if you stick to your high miles, just make sure to get so much water, rest, and relaxation when you can. You are doing so amazing. You will hit your goal, you're running way faster than I was at this point in training and I ran 3:43 with hitting a wall at 20 miles and slowing way down, so 3:40 is completely attainable! You got this. I"ll be praying for you. Even though its not the "end of the world" its still important, and you are glorifying the Lord through your running, and He'll honor your hard work and praiseful running :) Hang in there, celebrate with your family, and don't feel bad if you need to skip one run or run super slow :) Hope this is encouraging!
Meredith this is totally normal. I think that your workout was great! You may have been a few seconds off on the last 2 repeats, but your first 2 were a few seconds quicker than your target. Don't let that 16 miler get to you. You have worked so hard and you are more than ready. When I was training for CIM I tried to do an 18 miler at race pace and failed miserably! The next week I came back and killed it. Everyone is bound to have what they consider to be an off week every once in a while. It is part of the training cycle. Just know that you are amazing and that you have been working your tail off AND you only have one more week of hard workouts and then you can rest. Tapering has always messed with my mind. I feel like I go crazy during a taper, but it's normal. You WILL NOT FAIL. :-)
Yes, just step away. You are going to be great! On race day it will all come together! You've got this!
Loved what Devon said. Spot on.
I didn't read this until tonight and I remember sensing you were down on yourself when I read your Dailymile post. Girl, you are an inspiring, amazing, freaking fantastic runner! You are ready. Ready to kill marathon #2! I am super excited for you and I know our Father upstairs is with you every step! Love and miss you!
Sorry - I'm JUST getting to this....
Devon is spot on. Relax. Drink/hydrate. extra sleep. You're going to be EPIC. one.more.week.
wow...not even sure what to say...you inspire me...and your dedication blows me away...wow...you've got this Mere...you've totally got this...Stay the course...do your best...push yourself to achieve your best and accept that as GREATNESS...so proud of you...where is your next marathon at? Would love to be there cheering you on at the start and finish line...think of you lots friend...
You are amazing AND I do think Devon said it best. You are in a different place all the way around then the first marathon. Enjoy each moment, celebrate with family and friends, praise Him for how amazing your body has become in the process.
And remember to s-t-r-e-t-c-h!!!!
You got this Mere! You GOT THIS!
I love you sweet friend.
Post a Comment