Tuesday, June 5, 2012

How Did That Happen??

I've been juggling...

End of the school year projects,

End of the school year activities,

Housework,

Errands,

Never ending loads of laundry,

Yardwork,

Running,

My kids (I've only dropped one so far)...

Kidding.

For those that know me, they know that I'm no good at juggling.  I can't even say that I'm good at it for even a short period of time.  I, flat out, stink at juggling.

Stink!

When life starts throwing balls at me and I have to juggle, I tend to shut off.  I shut off to my friends.  I shut off to my responsibilities.  I shut off and want to curl up in a ball and rock myself to sleep.

That's where I was at the end of last week.

Then, the weekend happened.  It was busy, but all with good stuff...

Friday night we were able to attend an amazing event remembering our dear friend's son and helping to raise money for the Children's Cancer Association.  It was an awesome event and although our kids were lucky to have gone due to their "peachy" attitudes earlier in the day, I was thankful to have given them some grace.  It was a blessing to be there.

Saturday morning, I was blessed, yet again, to be able to run with my sweet friend, Marnee.  She has been working her butt off (quite literally!) training for her very first 70.3.  Saturday was her last long run and I loved being able to join her for 5.36 of it.  She headed off to run more and I bolted through the last 2 miles to my car with my last times looking like this... 8:38, 8:01, 7:59.  Finishing with a smile on my face and sweat dripping off my body.

I raced home to shower and head off to the local parade.  Our family walked down the hill to enjoy the festivities, give hugs to friends, catch candy and make the trek back up the hill.  Getting home just as the rain started to pour from the sky.  It was wonderful!

Saturday night, Cory and I were able to have a little date where we ate some yummy food, spent some time with his sister and brother in law, and laughed and had fun together.  God blessed us with a wonderful evening that made my heart so very happy!

Sunday was church and homegroup and more happy hearts.

Pure bliss...

Cup refilled to overflowing...

Deep breath...

Monday.

Back to the daily grind.  Back to life.  Back to reality.

Tired.

I had 7 miles on the schedule.  4 miles fast with .5 mile jogs in between.  It was that line of wanting to and not.  Knowing my time is limited this week.  Knowing that if I did not get it in, I would not get all my runs in for the week.  The hours ticked by.  I was getting stuff done.  I had not gotten my run in.  The kids got home from school and Cole very sweetly let me head out the door.

Off to the track.  Unsure of what my body could do.  And, to be quite honest, I felt like the fat girl at the track.  The elephant.  The old mom.  I wasn't feeling so hot.

9:08.  My warm up felt great.  Deep breaths.  Getting my breathing regulated.  Giving myself a pep talk.

GO!

"You are good,
you are good,
when there's nothing good in me..."

"Oh, I'm running to your arms,
I'm running to your arms,
the riches of your love,
will always be enough,
nothing compares to your embrace,
light of the world forever reign!"

6:57

1/2 mile jog.

GO!!

Singing my song.  Giving it to God.  Pushing.  Breathing.  G was right there on my shoulder...

"You can do anything for .4!"

6:52

1/2 mile jog.  Catching my breath.

GO!!

Third verse and the 4th verse, same as the first.  And, the 2nd :)

6:55

6:56

I may have felt like the fat girl at the track, but my legs showed the fat girl who was boss and kicked some serious tail.

I left knowing it was my best run in months.  What I didn't realize until later was that it was my best set of repeats EVER!

How did that happen??

While I'm thrilled to be running marathon #4 on the 4th of July (oh, that's fun!!), I've definitely noticed that my body is tired.  My legs have not had the pep that they've had in the past.  Runs have not been easy.  But, as I've said, I know God has me there for a reason and I'm so excited to see what's in store.

I did not go into my run yesterday expecting anything stellar.  I didn't even have a set time goal for my repeats.  I'm really trying to listen to my body.  I'm trying to avoid injury.  I'm trying to be smart.  Those times leave me in awe.

I fully believe God filled me with a little extra oomph yesterday.

I fully give him all the glory.

My body, on it's own, has not pulled times off like that.

My body, relying on God, pulled out those times yesterday :)

“For You are my lamp, O Lord;
The Lord shall enlighten my darkness.
30 For by You I can run against a troop;
By my God I can leap over a wall.
31 As for God, His way is perfect;
The word of the Lord is proven;
He is a shield to all who trust in Him.

32 “For who is God, except the Lord?
And who is a rock, except our God?
33 God is my strength and power,
And He makes my way perfect.
34 He makes my feet like the feet of deer,
And sets me on my high places."
2 Samuel 22:29-34

Thank you, God!!

Now, on to Tuesday :)

6 comments:

ashleys said...

You are amazing my sweet friend - with or without those kick a** repeats.........but " oh my word" - You Rock!!!! My inspiration for this week is Neredith & her speedy legs! ( I don't a Neredith that is a fat mom or elephant anyway:).

ashleys said...

That's why I don't do this on my phone!!! No - I haven't replaced you with a new friend named Neredith......meant Meredith!!

nateandtraci said...

Loved seeing u guys, glad u had a good weekend to refresh u from al the business! Go mere-athon, go!

Tasha Malcolm said...

Yow are a mom so you don't stick at juggling! It sounds like you have been doing a great job at it. :-)

Unknown said...

I think I might nickname you "speedy"

I love you so very much and am absolutely grateful for you. I am smiling at the blessings our Papa pours over you. Such a sweet gift from him to his baby girl!

Kris said...

Juggling is a battle!! I have trouble with one can't imagine doing it with more. Don't let yourself get down just remember the same God that helped you with the repeats can help you with the juggling :)

What A Difference The Hills Make

Hills. You either love them or hate them. Welcome them or dread them. Embrace or avoid them. Sometimes, I crave them.  I seek them o...