Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Sick


I'm sitting here, my chest is literally hurting, my nose is stuffed up and I feel like I got hit by a train.

There will be no running today as I've already learned my lesson on running with a chest cold.

And, unless there's a miraculous recovery, there will be no running tomorrow.

Oh, and did I mention I'm running a marathon 1 week from tomorrow?  This is quite a way to taper :)

I went to bed with a tummy ache last night as I had 2 cups of my "cold care" tea and an insane amount of water in there.  My hope is I can drown this cold...

Add to all these wonderful feelings of a cold the fact that over about a 1 hour time span, I felt like I had gained 20 pounds.

Yes, 20 pounds.  Or, perhaps, more like 30...

July 2000
September 2000 - Right before we got pregnant with our 1st
I realize we're a little late on this one, but Super Size me was on TV the other day and we decided to record it.  Neither of us had seen it and wanted to see what all the fuss was about.

First of all, SICK!!!

Second, holy crap, that's SICK!!!

We don't eat out a ton and when we do, it's often our fresh, local Burgerville or Wendy's that gets our business.  However, after watching Super Size me, I felt putrid and was ready to say, "never again!"

Cory did point out that Burgerville uses all local, yummy, real ingredients.  They are not McDonald's!

And, I realize that we don't eat out every single meal.

I realize that we don't eat the amount of food that guy ate.

And, I still hold tight to my personal belief that moderation is the key.

But, wow.

I found those pictures of me this weekend and was blown away.  I'm fairly certain these pictures were tucked away for a reason.  They are not my proudest and finest moments.  Definitely something I never want to go back to.  Definitely something that makes me want to be sure I eat like an athlete :)

Hoping and praying that this awesome cold goes away.  Hoping and praying that this sweet house of ours with 4 of us with this awesome cold goes away :)

7 comments:

Tasha Malcolm said...

I hope that you start feeling better soon. At least you should be over it by next week and since you are tapering, the extra rest might be nice. :-)

gba_gf said...

Prayers headed your way!

Also, I watched it too. GROSS... COULDN'T BELIEVE HE DID THAT!

gba_gf said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
gba_gf said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
H Love said...

Speedy healing! HUGS!

Kris said...

Yes I will be praying for healing for you!! I have not seen that movie but I am interested in watching it even though I have heard it's BLAH!

I'll leave you with one of my favorite verses:


Psalm 103:1-5(NIV)
Praise the Lord, my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits—who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s

Michelle @ www.movinitwithmichelle.com said...

Sending thoughts and prayers your way for a quick recovery!!

What A Difference The Hills Make

Hills. You either love them or hate them. Welcome them or dread them. Embrace or avoid them. Sometimes, I crave them.  I seek them o...