Before there was "Find your strong"...
Before there was "Run Happy"...
Before there were "Brilliant runs"...
There was a little saying...
"Just Do It"
On Wednesday, I established that I would not be running Thursday or Friday. I do not do well running in the heat nor do I do well getting up before the sun. No, I would run on Saturday and Sunday.
Yesterday, I spent the morning at Target and Costco. Finishing up school supply shopping and buying food for the family. By the time I left Target, I was shaking and sick to my stomach.
I hate school supply shopping.
And yes, hate is a strong word.
I hate it.
And yes, I should just be thankful that I can buy school supplies for my children.
However, it stresses me out like you wouldn't believe. Yesterday, as I walked out of Target, I was convinced there is a conspiracy between the government and school supply companies. I was certain, school supply shopping was simply their way to make us stimulate the economy. Well, economy, this mom of 5 kids says, "your welcome".
Shaking and sick to my stomach. Mind spinning. Ready to cry. Ready to run away.
Add to that that my hormones seem to be dictating my mood this week. I've wanted to run away every single day this week. I've felt lonely. I've felt like the needy friend that no one needs.
Just being honest.
Darn hormones.
So, this morning when the morning didn't start so well, I decided one thing.
Just do it!
I drank my coffee, watered the garden, put on my lightest and most comfy Saucony shorts and laced up my good, old, reliable Saucony kicks and headed out the door.
I was expecting nothing. I was feeling like the, "oh, look at her, at least she's trying" runner. And then, something miraculous happened.
With each footfall came a grin that got bigger. Sweat started pouring out of every pore. My legs finding their stride. I'm quite certain I could feel Satan eating my dust.
8:54
8:16
8:12
8:01
And with that, I finished with a grin, praising the Lord and ready to tackle another day in the heat with my sweet little cherubs.
Just do it!
You will never regret it.
Friday, August 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What A Difference The Hills Make
Hills. You either love them or hate them. Welcome them or dread them. Embrace or avoid them. Sometimes, I crave them. I seek them o...
-
I was recently contacted by CSN stores to host a giveaway on my blog. What fun! CSN has over 200 stores with some super fun stuff... you ca...
-
It's one of those days. One in which I fought with my daughter over her desire to not get out of her warm jammies so that she could get ...
-
I woke up at 6:45 Saturday morning and glanced at the clock. Excitement filled my body. Knowing, the very next day, I would be toeing the ...
2 comments:
I can only imagine how awful school supply shopping is. I remember my mom cringing when the list came out and it it was time to stock up. I am glad that you survived and got in a surprise awesome run as well!
Love this post!! I HATE school supply shopping too!! :)
Post a Comment