10.
Those stupid 10 were looming in my head all week long. The dreaded 10 from last weekend. Another go at them this weekend.
10.
That had me incredibly anxious. Questioning myself. Doubting my ability to ever run a marathon. Doubting my ability to run at all.
10.
A wonderful Saturday morning. Friends meeting to run. A little cool. A little misty. Anxious tummy and out the door.
From the beginning I could tell that I had this one. My body felt better and the first 3.5 that I ran with Julie and Ashley sailed by. They had started earlier and had to turn around, but they left me confident and I just sat back and enjoyed the run from there. Me, Toby Mac and God.
Now, I won't lie, those hills still were still tough. Working hard on the way home as it's more up than down. But, they did not get me. They did not scare me nor beat me. All I felt at the end of my run was satisfaction and excitement to do it again.
I've been quite blessed. I've definitely had more good runs than bad. So, when I do have a bad one, I really struggle with it. It's those runs that have me thinking, if I can't do 10 (or whatever number it is) how can I do 26.2?? But, as I said here, if my brother can go through treatment for cancer, AGAIN, I can sure do 26.2. For him. For me.
Here are my mile times:
9:48
9:20
9:15
9:22
9:09
9:56 (love those hills!)
9:46
10:03 (more hills!)
9:57 (still recovering!)
9:31
8:24 (a little extra .15)
Thanking the Lord for a good 10. For good friends. For the ability to run. For hills to run on. For 11 miles next weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What A Difference The Hills Make
Hills. You either love them or hate them. Welcome them or dread them. Embrace or avoid them. Sometimes, I crave them. I seek them o...
-
I was recently contacted by CSN stores to host a giveaway on my blog. What fun! CSN has over 200 stores with some super fun stuff... you ca...
-
It's one of those days. One in which I fought with my daughter over her desire to not get out of her warm jammies so that she could get ...
-
I woke up at 6:45 Saturday morning and glanced at the clock. Excitement filled my body. Knowing, the very next day, I would be toeing the ...
1 comment:
I just found your blog - looking forward to reading about upcoming runs!
Post a Comment