I've said it before and I'll say it again...
I LOVE the friendships that are built during runs!
There is just nothing like it. Okay, maybe there is. But, that looks like me sitting in my living room with a cup of coffee in hand and having my friend sitting there with me. And at that point, it really wouldn't be the same, because there would be X amount of kids running around screaming and THAT definitely is not the case on ANY of my runs!
And as I've also said before, I love running with people who challenge me just enough and with those that I can challenge just enough. There seems to be a great balance.
Wendy and I took off on Saturday morning for my 11 miler and her 14. We had talked the night before and while I had hoped we could run at race pace because I felt like the timing was right, Wendy really just wanted to run at a 9:30 pace. Which, truly, was just fine.
Mile 1: 8:44
Uh, Wendy, if you're shooting for that 9:30, we should probably slow down!
Mile 2: 8:48
No, really. This isn't really looking like a 9:30
Mile 3: 8:52
Okay. I fine with going faster, but, remember? You really wanted to do a 9:30.
Mile 4: 9:21
That was a great hill!! But, are we seriously only 4 miles in?? My body is fine, but my mind feels like we've been running forever (new course for me on a road I've never been on. Funny how the mind works!)
Mile 5: 9:21
Feeling great still, but where are we??
Mile 6: 9:03
Mile 7: 8:53
Mile 8: 8:47
Um. HOW did we get to mile 8?? Are we really already back at the hill? Where in the world did the last 3 miles go?
Mile 9: 9:07
Yeah. I think I'll stick with 11 today. (I was thinking of doing 12)
Mile 10: 9:10
Almost there. Don't give up now.
Mile 11: 8:52
Are you kidding??? We did it!! 11 miles at a 9 minute pace!!
I was so excited. My fastest 11. My goal for my half in September is to get in under 2:00. If I can pull off a 9 minute pace, I can do it! Of course, I will have also just ran Hood To Coast the weekend before and I have NO idea how my body will feel after that. But, I'm hoping that I'm going in as prepared as I can be. And that I can keep that pace. However, it's going to be such a fun weekend away with friends, that I'm okay too if my body is not able to pull it off. We'll just have to see. And I can't wait!
Monday, August 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What A Difference The Hills Make
Hills. You either love them or hate them. Welcome them or dread them. Embrace or avoid them. Sometimes, I crave them. I seek them o...
-
I was recently contacted by CSN stores to host a giveaway on my blog. What fun! CSN has over 200 stores with some super fun stuff... you ca...
-
It's one of those days. One in which I fought with my daughter over her desire to not get out of her warm jammies so that she could get ...
-
I woke up at 6:45 Saturday morning and glanced at the clock. Excitement filled my body. Knowing, the very next day, I would be toeing the ...
4 comments:
Nice pace!! I have dreams of being that fast on days other than interval days! lol
WAY TO GO, MERE!! that is fast!!
Great job! I love how you wrote this post. Too funny! Miss you! Hope all is well, didn't hear back from you today. I know you have a lot going on in your house right now. Call when you can. Love ya!
Finally getting around to replying to people and started with the WA peeps first! GREAT run at a great pace..... What race are you doing in September?
Post a Comment