I had a great run this morning. I had originally planned to do my long run of 14 miles today, but, when Mr. B (my sweet 4 year old) climbed in next to me just before 6, I changed my mind. It's not often that I get snuggles with him (he's now Daddy's boy) and I chose to savor that moment... opting to do 4 today and 14 on Sunday.
4 miles to do and I chose to throw some fartleks/intervals in there.
Oh, that felt good!
I averaged anywhere from 9:30-9:40 while running easy and kicked it up from there.
Mile 1: 9:18
Best of?? 7:34
Mile 2: 9:17
Best of?? 6:39
Mile 3: 9:07
Best of?? 5:57
Mile 4: 8:45
Best of?? 5:15!
5 stinkin' 15!
That was fun!
And don't they say intervals help up the calorie burn?? That would be nice. Wishing it would burn off the chocolates and tortilla chips I chose to eat last night...
Friday, August 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What A Difference The Hills Make
Hills. You either love them or hate them. Welcome them or dread them. Embrace or avoid them. Sometimes, I crave them. I seek them o...
-
I was recently contacted by CSN stores to host a giveaway on my blog. What fun! CSN has over 200 stores with some super fun stuff... you ca...
-
It's one of those days. One in which I fought with my daughter over her desire to not get out of her warm jammies so that she could get ...
-
I woke up at 6:45 Saturday morning and glanced at the clock. Excitement filled my body. Knowing, the very next day, I would be toeing the ...
2 comments:
Aw, I woulda stayed for snuggles, too!
Mmmm tortilla chips and chocolate...or better chocolate covered tortilla chips. YUM!
Intervals TOTALLY help the calorie burn :D
Post a Comment