There was a party in Heaven on Sunday.
A huge party.
Complete with baseball games and IronMans...
Chocolate bars slathered in peanut butter and pepperoni sticks dipped in vanilla frosting...
Funny jokes and great big hugs...
A great big party.
Jesus called my brother home and while my heart feels broken I cling to truth and promises. I cling to my Father. I hold onto the joy in knowing my brother is now whole. Healed. Strong.
And oh, how I miss him.
And then, Sunday night, the party grew.
Brenton thought Heaven sounded heavenly. He wanted to go there when he died too.
My sweet boy.
My sweet sweet boy.
He wanted Jesus in his heart.
And so, we prayed.
And he smiled.
And the angels rejoiced.
Praise the Lord!
And now, as my heart breaks I look to my legs. I spend my runs with my Savior. I smile. I cry. I think of my brother and the blessing he is. Thankful to have had such an amazing big brother! I love you Chris!
Tuesday, August 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What A Difference The Hills Make
Hills. You either love them or hate them. Welcome them or dread them. Embrace or avoid them. Sometimes, I crave them. I seek them o...
-
I was recently contacted by CSN stores to host a giveaway on my blog. What fun! CSN has over 200 stores with some super fun stuff... you ca...
-
It's one of those days. One in which I fought with my daughter over her desire to not get out of her warm jammies so that she could get ...
-
I woke up at 6:45 Saturday morning and glanced at the clock. Excitement filled my body. Knowing, the very next day, I would be toeing the ...
8 comments:
Meredith, your words touch me so deeply...they always do. I'm sorry for your loss. Your faith is a beautiful thing and I'm so happy for the big step in your son's life and the peace that comes from knowing that your brother is with his Heavenly Father.
*hugs*
Praying for you, and your family...
rejoicing with you, and shedding some tears, too...
You are still in my prayers.
So sorry for your loss, but so glad you have your faith to find comfort in.
You have been and will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. So sorry for your loss, I'm here if you need anything ...
I am rejoicing, because my heart stopped when you said "Brenton wanted to go to heaven too". Praise God you only meant that he asked Jesus into His heart.
Cast your cares on Him! Love you dear friend. Rejoicing in the truth and promises of God. Praying for comfort and strength as you walk through this loss everyday! HUGS!
My sweet sweet friend....I am so sorry for your loss!! You brother was so blessed to have you as a sister!! You will ALWAY'S HAVE HIM!! Rejoicing that all of his pain and suffering is over and he now get's to spend eternity with our Lord and Savior!! What an exciting thing! I hope to see you Sunday, but will put my arms around you whenever it is I see you!! Love you girl!!!!!
Post a Comment