One year ago I was recovering from Hood to Coast and gearing up for an amazing weekend with friends. A weekend that included good food, great friends and an amazing 1/2 marathon.
The Eugene Women's 1/2 proved to be one of my most memorable races to date. It is where God sent me an angel to get me across the finish line. And, as for my runnerd self, my post about it even brought comments from famed Mother Runners and authors - Sarah and Dimity. Throw in a comment from a woman who had totally inspired me -author and runner Rachel Toor, and I was left running to the phone and leaving the most crazy message on my dear friends answering machine. "Rachel Toor just signed my blog!!!!" Just a bit exciting for my mom of 5 self.
So, here I am. One year later. Many more miles under my belt. A little bit more race experience. And, here I am, just as nervous. Telling myself I can do it. Another goal in mind. Here I am, picturing the finish line, picturing me as a hot, sweaty, triumphant mess, picturing my mind telling me it's tired, coming up with things to tell myself now. Here I am with Satan trying to steal my joy. Telling me that I'm not a good runner. That I don't know what I'm doing. That I will fail. Here I am, proclaiming the truth. That I am better than what Satan would have me believe. That I can do this. That yes, it will be hard, but, I CAN do this. Here I am wanting to embrace the pain.
Philippians 4:13
Here I am.
I have been obsessively checking the weather for Sunday. Last year, temps were fairly perfect, just a bit warm at the end. This year? Sunday's high is set to be 93! Thankful that I've had many a hot, sweaty, run in the last month. Thankful for all the hills I have run. Thankful that the course is fairly flat. Hoping that my training will have paid off and my 7:18, 7:26, and 8:20 miles on the crazy hills will translate to being able to hold my desired race pace for the full 13.1.
Here's to hoping.
I spent 2 hours cleaning my mom mobile this morning. 2 hours collecting fruit leather wrappers, 2 month old french fries and broken crayons. 2 hours vacuuming and scrubbing the seats. 2 hours trying to make my suburban look like 5 kids have never ridden in it's seats. 2 hours. And, oh my, it looks nice!
Ready to pack and hit the road with 12 awesome women. Ready to eat amazing food and laugh until we cry. Ready to sell out on race day.
Eugene, here we come!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What A Difference The Hills Make
Hills. You either love them or hate them. Welcome them or dread them. Embrace or avoid them. Sometimes, I crave them. I seek them o...
-
I was recently contacted by CSN stores to host a giveaway on my blog. What fun! CSN has over 200 stores with some super fun stuff... you ca...
-
It's one of those days. One in which I fought with my daughter over her desire to not get out of her warm jammies so that she could get ...
-
I woke up at 6:45 Saturday morning and glanced at the clock. Excitement filled my body. Knowing, the very next day, I would be toeing the ...
4 comments:
Let's do this!
Um, 93 degrees was not what I was hoping for either...
Wish I was as excited. I'm just sccccaaaaarrrrreedddd!!!!!!!
You will do an awesome job! I will be with you in spirit every inch of the way. Can't wait to be with you at the LA Marathon 2012!! I love you!!!! ........mom
go Mere go!!!!
Post a Comment