Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I've Been

I've been celebrating and reflecting...


My baby turned 5 on Sunday and I've spent the last week thinking about the fact that when he was born, my oldest was 5.  And the fact that when the oldest was 5 he had 3 younger siblings.  And the fact that when the oldest was 5 he felt so OLD.  And now, my baby is 5.  And he does NOT feel old.  And I cannot imagine him with 3 younger siblings.

I've been reflecting on all that's happened in the last 5 years.  The fact that the son that was the oldest when Brenton was born become the 2nd oldest 1 year later when Cole joined our family.  The fact that when B was born, Cory's dad was here.  And so was my brother.

I've been counting my blessings that God blessed us with this sweet boy.  Who loves to hold my hand and snuggle.  Who will stop what he is doing to tell me he loves me.  Whose smile lights up the room.

Five!

I've been cherishing these sweet moments...



I've been cheering for a wiggly jiggly loose tooth to make it's exit...


I've been running here and there and everywhere since these cuties went back to school...


 I've stood in awe watching the sunset...



 I've been loving on this sweet pup that just turned 1 and is such a love...

I've been running hard and getting the miles in.  Pushing myself.  Focusing.  Dreaming. 

I've been sick and been slowed down.

I've gotten a bit better and sped up.

I've thought about determination while running repeats.

I've hit mile 902 for the year.

I've been overwhelmed and over scheduled.  Which causes me to want to shut down.  From everything.

I've been praying and seeking prayer from dear friends.

I've been thankful for a husband that loves me, listens to me and encourages me.

Life has been crazy.  All good stuff, but crazy none-the-less.  I've found myself so overwhelmed that I want to say no to a run.  And then, then, I get out there and God reminds me of my blessings.  My deep breath in the run.  My time with him and time in my own head.  My pulse slows and a smile comes to my face just thinking about it.

Life is busy.  Blessings are abundant.  God is good.   

5 comments:

Michelle P said...

Love you friend!

Kathy said...

sounds lovely - I've seen your mileage over at DM, you have been running great!

track coach and adorable wife said...

Good post! My son saw that cars toy at Costco and said he was gonna ask santa for it!

Sassy said...

He looks so happy! :) They have gotten so big. I can't even imagine Braxton at 5! It just blows my mind.

I wish I could give you words of wisdom. But truthfully I am in the same boat as you. Over scheduled and overwhelmed! And like you, find myself just wanting to shut down. But I know that God's mercies are new every day and that even when we are too tired to think, He speaks to us, blesses us, and upholds us. Praying for His mercies for you everyday and always!

Anonymous said...

This post makes me smile. You *are* blessed!!! Nothing more beautiful than a person who can realize their blessings and take the time to be thankful for them. I try to remember that when I'm sad, tired, angry, frustrated, etc.

What A Difference The Hills Make

Hills. You either love them or hate them. Welcome them or dread them. Embrace or avoid them. Sometimes, I crave them.  I seek them o...