I'm in awe that tomorrow is the first day of December and am left wondering how in the world November flew by so quickly. Here's a little of what I've been up to...
We've gone wish shopping with our kids...
Yes, wish shopping. Letting our kids walk through Target and dream. We actually had a lot of fun and it was nice to just walk the aisles with my whole family. And yes, I'll take one of these...
Speaking of B, this sweet boy melts my heart on a daily basis. After leaving my hubs a message recently, Sweet B asked if Daddy was home. When I told him, "no", he said, "I never get to see Daddy. Are you ever going to work?" Then I, thinking he's concerned he won't see me too, explain that if I do work, it won't be until he goes to school and hopefully I'll be able to find a job that will be during school hours. B - "You're not LISTENING to me!!! I mean, when are you going to go to work so Daddy can be with me all the time???" "Don't you want to be with me?" "I've already been with you for a long time!" Sweet, sweet boy. Thankfully, I know how much he loves me. Thankfully, he has a Daddy that is amazing. Oh, sweet B...
My hubs had last Wednesday off and I was able to schedule a hair cut for myself. I don't get them often (last one was in March!) And even though I'm low maintenance, I look forward to them quite a bit. My appointment was scheduled for 9:00, so, I dropped Cole off at wrestling practice at 8:00 and headed out for my run.
As I drove to my starting point, I repeated my favorite rainy day saying, "You cannot get wetter than wet!" As I drove, I seriously thought about heading for home and running on my treadmill. As I drove, I realized that my normal route would be under water. So, I was left with finding 5 miles on my own. I do not like trying to find 5 miles in the rain!
I sat in the parking lot talking myself into going out in this...
And proceeded to plod on through some of the wettest and warmest miles I've had in a while. I was all bundled up and it was 50 degrees outside. Yuck! Way too warm for as many clothes as I had on! And yes, 50 is warm right now :)
Thankfully, my run ended with a quick change into dry clothes and my hair went from this...
To this...
AND, I got to donate 8" of it!! THAT made my day! Not to mention the fact that I no longer have to deal with a tangled, wet, mess of hair after my runs!
I spent all of Wednesday baking rolls, cookies and pies for Thanksgiving and finished off the day watching Soul Surfer with my family. What an amazing movie! At one point, Ella looked up at me and said, "why are you crying, Mom?" "Because, Babe. I'm a Mom and I'm just imagining what it would be like if this happened to one of you..." I sat snuggled up with my princess and enjoyed every single minute of the night.
We spent Thanksgiving with the hubs' family and made it home just as my parents and sister rolled in from Spokane. We visited for a bit, filled up our coffee cups, and headed for the big city. It was our first time Black Friday shopping and got to Target around 10:45. I was shocked at the line! Time passed quickly and before we knew it we were inside the store shopping away and even having fun doing it! As we drove home foggy eyed we were greeted with this while we drove across the river...
Another first for me! I've never waited for the bridge before. Here we are waiting and blissed out from shopping...
For those that know me, would you even believe that it was 3:00 a.m. when this was taken?? Who knew I could look so cheery??
Hours later we were up and at 'em and headed to get our tree. Our goal? A beautiful tree and some beautiful pictures of the kids to put on the Christmas card. Tree? Check!! Pictures? Well, you decide...
I kinda think they didn't know what to do with that bright thing in the sky. Poor girl was reduced to this...
Thankfully, some zombies showed up and everyone was all smiles again...
Training has been going great so far. I've blended the 2 plans and am left pretty much doing whatever my body and mind think is best. It's a balance of making sure I'm not overtraining and making sure I'm pushing past comfortable. Today's run found me pushing past what my brain wanted and letting my body do what it actually could do. It was hard, but it was amazing!
And finally, as hubs was looking through the downloaded pictures on our computer last night he came across some randoms of me...
Oh those?? Those are because I have every intention of blogging and never seem to get around to it. Lovely, random, intended for some sort of blog post, pictures. Yes, blogland, you are on my mind. Even when it seems like I'm ignoring you :) I promise I'll be back!
5 comments:
Nice to read a Meredith post! I read every word too. :) I've been absent too. Just sucked into the crazy of life. Love your new haircut. And never say never but I don't know that I will ever be a black friday person...I need my sleep way too much. Glad training is going well. You're way braver than me to head out in that rain. I'd take the treadmill. :) Speaking of sleep, I'm going to get some. :)
T & I have been mantra'ing your new mantra lately. "You cannot get any wetter than wet... so.... just keep running."
Congrats on donating your hair. I'm sure I've said this before, but girl, you are beautiful. I mean, stunning. I'm sure that as a mom you're too busy stop once every day and think, "I am gorgeous", but you really should. because you are.
The tree photos reminded me of our beach photos... squinty eyes, cranky kids, the one child running out of the photo...
I think the "blended" training plan sounds brilliant....
I <3 your new haircut, you look stunning! Are you coming to Spokane for Christmas this year? Let me know if/when you happen to be in town. We could meet up for coffee, go for a run, do whatever. :-)
Your haircut looks great! This is a busy time of year isn't it? Easy to be overwhelmed. I've never done the Black Friday thing myself.
Great job on your training!
Love the new do! And what a cute springer -- is he/she very birdy? I always loved hiking with my english setter, she was so into all the wildlife sniffs and smells and so joyous as she bounded along.
Post a Comment