Saturday, December 31, 2011

December, Numbers and the New Year

December has been an amazing month filled with family and baking, games and cleaning, running and little resting.  And even with as busy as it's been, I cannot remember a time, at Christmas, where I have felt so at peace, so calm and so blessed. 

Hearing my kids voices, their giggles, their excitement, is music to my ears.  Even with all the whining, the sweetness still wins and is ever present in my mind. 

I think of this December and I smile.  I think of this Christmas and I smile.  I think of the fact that the break is almost over and I wish we had another week...

As for running?  I am left in awe after each run.  I am left praising the Lord for my health, for the fact that I am still injury free, for how far I have come.  It is unfathomable to me. 

I ran a 7 miler that had me feeling closer to God than ever before.  That had me running the last mile in 7:23.  A run in which the chains of my lifelong insecurities were broken.  A run in which I had a bald eagle fly above me, the sun shine on my face and for the first time in my life, I felt like an athlete.  A strong, lean, athlete.  7 miles that had me smiling the biggest smile, feeling like I could do anything, amazing...

I ran 16 easy miles in 2:25:37 - a 9:06 average pace.

I ran a 6 mile tempo run at an average pace of 8:08, including warm up and cool down...  9:07, 7:59, 7:42, 7:41, 7:28, 8:52

I ran 6.5 miles with repeat times at 6:46, 6:52 and 7:00.

I ran 18 easy to me miles in 2:37:51!  An average pace of 8:46!  And it was easy!  God is amazing!!

I ran a 7 mile tempo run with miles at 7:57, 7:53, 7:59, 7:52 and 7:35.

I've ran in awe.

And yesterday, I ran 20 easy miles in 2:59:12.  An average pace of 8:58.  Finishing with the final mile at 8:11!

I am in awe.

God has been very gracious with me.  I have been blessed not only because I continue to run, not only because I remain free of injuries, but because my time with Him, while running, is cherished.  I have had conversations with Him that have caused me to grow by leaps and bounds.  I have a peace that can only come from Him.  Nothing else. 

He is good.

As I look toward the New Year, I smile.  I think of New Year's last year.  I finished 2010 with 2 miles and  started 2011 with 3 miles.  Knowing 2011 was going to bring more.  And it was.  Lots of growth, lots of miles.

1224 miles.

My goals for running in 2012 are not really a secret.  I'm fairly certain I've put them out there.  But, just in case...

A sub 4 marathon...

And more so, a sub 3:40 marathon.

A smile on my face. 

Amazing time with the Lord.

And many many more miles.

Praying for abundant blessings for you all, thanking the Lord for the friendships formed with some amazing bloggers, hoping that maybe, just maybe I'll get to meet some of you this year :) 

Happy Happy New Year!!

8 comments:

Florence said...

:) Hugs to you! Florence

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

You have been crushing the run! Way to go. I know that a 3:40 marathon is yours. So excited to follow your journey there! Happy New Year!

H Love said...

So amazing!! God is good and so happy for you the JOY you have in the Lord and running. Love it all. Smiles, family and miles.

I am in for Eugene..and chasing you to that 3:40!!

Marisa @ The Pace of my Life said...

Wow! What great runs! :)

Jill - Striving to Stay the Course said...

You have had an amazing year and month! I love to follow your journey, Meredith! So blessed to know you. :)

Tasha Malcolm said...

You are so amazing! I just know that you are going to do awesome in your marathon. Here is to a great 2012 :-)

Julie D. said...

wow, mere. so proud of you! you are doing amazing....and looking hot by the way!! :)

ashleys said...

Love reading your love for running and how you use it to find sweet moment with God. Cant wait to hear about your year ahead.

What A Difference The Hills Make

Hills. You either love them or hate them. Welcome them or dread them. Embrace or avoid them. Sometimes, I crave them.  I seek them o...