It's been quite a week.
Rather, it's been quite a busy 3 days.
Tomorrow morning, Cory's sister, brother in law and our sweet little nephew will be coming to our house to watch our sweet babes.
Tomorrow morning, Cory and I will be headed to Las Vegas for Cory's work and a little rest and relaxation.
This week, I had 37 miles to run.
5, 7, 5 and 20.
The 5's and the 20 were to be run at an easy pace.
The 7 included 4, 1 mile repeats at a pace of 7:26.
Last Saturday, I ran a treadmill tempo run that pushed me and left me elated that I hit my times and got to run with the elites.
Sunday, it snowed.
Sunday, Ella puked again.
Sunday, I decided to run 20 on Monday...
Monday, I ran that craptastic 20. After my 20, I put my Sugoi compression tights on to prepare my legs for Tuesday...
Monday, it snowed some more and Ella puked again and stood looking out the window and crying when I would let her go play with her brother's in the snow...
Tuesday, I thought of T and G and their knee highs as I ran in my Run Love compression socks and laughed at how they almost came to the top of my knees. But, they did the trick and my 5 felt amazing. And my view out the window wasn't too shabby either!
After that 5, I put my Sugoi compression tights back on...
Tuesday, sis felt a bit better but I kept her home from school anyway. She hadn't eaten or drank much in days so I figured she could use a day to refuel. And play in the snow :)
This morning, Wednesday morning, I had those repeats to tackle. On the treadmill. Outside was a slushy, snowy mess. About 4-6"of snow fell last night and at 6:00, when I looked out the window, it was raining. Lovely.
This morning, school was cancelled and wouldn't you know it, my kids LOVED playing in the slushy, snowy mess...
Off to the treadmill and... I NAILED it!! My repeat times??
7:24
7:23
7:21
7:15
And, while it was hard, it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be which left me thinking I should have pushed a little harder :) After that 7, I showered and... put my Sugoi compression tights back on :)
And tonight, I had 5 left. So, after I put those sweet babes to bed, I headed to the mill and pounded out miles 33,34,35,36 and 37. There was a light of rest and relaxation at the end of the tunnel AND a yummy raspberry Chobani sitting in my fridge. Oh and those compression tights? They got me through that 5 miles and have now been thrown in the hamper. I'm sure they're happy for some rest too :)
So thankful for some rest and time with my sweetie!
Wednesday, January 18, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What A Difference The Hills Make
Hills. You either love them or hate them. Welcome them or dread them. Embrace or avoid them. Sometimes, I crave them. I seek them o...
-
I was recently contacted by CSN stores to host a giveaway on my blog. What fun! CSN has over 200 stores with some super fun stuff... you ca...
-
It's one of those days. One in which I fought with my daughter over her desire to not get out of her warm jammies so that she could get ...
-
I woke up at 6:45 Saturday morning and glanced at the clock. Excitement filled my body. Knowing, the very next day, I would be toeing the ...
No comments:
Post a Comment