It's that time of the month where the tears are not far from my eyes.
Where self-doubt creeps in.
Where the 8 lbs. that TMB seems to have lost, found me.
Pretty sure.
And it's all. right. around. my. middle.
Jealous much?
It's that time of the month when I CAN'T seem to keep my face out of the tortilla chips and darn tomatillo salsa.
Oh, wait.
There's no special time of the month for that.
That seems to be an all month thing for me.
It's that time of the month that left me having a hard time paying attention to my tunes this morning.
That left me having to give myself a pep talk for my entire 5 miles.
5 WHOLE miles of pep talk.
That left me wondering how in the world everyone (yes. a little delusional.) makes it look SO easy.
I think I can. I think I can. I think I can.
Around 2.5 miles I looked up and noticed a sliver of the moon shining through the fog.
Fog that was so thick that it made me feel like my contacts had been blurred from hours of crying.
5 miles.
42:00.
9:10. 8:38. 8:30. 8:16. 7:27.
A great run.
But, I'm still fighting the crabs.
Dumb hormones.
How do you fight the crabs?
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What A Difference The Hills Make
Hills. You either love them or hate them. Welcome them or dread them. Embrace or avoid them. Sometimes, I crave them. I seek them o...
-
I was recently contacted by CSN stores to host a giveaway on my blog. What fun! CSN has over 200 stores with some super fun stuff... you ca...
-
It's one of those days. One in which I fought with my daughter over her desire to not get out of her warm jammies so that she could get ...
-
I woke up at 6:45 Saturday morning and glanced at the clock. Excitement filled my body. Knowing, the very next day, I would be toeing the ...
8 comments:
I could have written a similar post yesterday only my intended 4 plus miles DID END at 2.35 due to a case of the crabs AND the fact that it was that time of the month. boo hiss!!! However, I had a speedy run, but not as speedy as your run. Good job fighting for the 5 miles. Hormones suck sometimes.
sorry to hear you found my 8 pounds. you can pass them along to someone else. i don't want them back.
on a positive note, look at that last mile! fantastic.
p.s. your headbands were sent out yesterday.
It's that time of the month for me too and this morning 4 miles was hard. I got side aches, I was tired. I even walked for a bit towards the end. You're not alone my friend. love ya!
:( Sorry you had such a rough day. The nice thing about hormonal issues, though, is that they do tend to resolve themselves - not that that helps right now, huh?
The important thing is that you DID IT. Bravo, my friend!
Great job getting it done. Hope the hormones get themselves in check soon! The joys of being a girl =)
ugh, I feel for you. Especially the salsa! I gave it up for Lent this year, and it was verrrry hard!
I just found your blog today. I struggle with the hormonal stuff as well, and that gets me into trouble. I haven't found a way to keep it in check (yet!).
Post a Comment