If you're looking for happy and sunny, look away.
It's been a week.
As I posted Wednesday, I was choosing to embrace the blessings.
It worked for a bit.
One such blessing of the week?
A night in a room full of women who all get it.

They get the love of running.
They get the excitement over finding a good deal on running gear.
They get waking up early to fit a run in.
They get it.
SBS, from Run Like a Mother, came to a little town near my house. She came with books and shirts and goodies to raffle. She read. She answered questions. She chatted.
I teared up that night as I explained to my husband how thankful I am that she and Dimity got this whole Mother Runner ball rolling. Thankful that they created this tribe of women. Inspired us. Brought us all together. Of course, he doesn't get it, so I just looked silly with the tears in my eyes.
But, truly. I'm thankful for women who get it.
As for my commitments?
Jazzercise? Check!
Runs? Check!
Water? Not so much...
Core? What core?
Food? Let's just say I've been working really hard at committing to NOT jump into the bag of tortilla chips head first! I've been trying to say "NO" to the emotional eating monster!
How did everyone else do? Want to join in on the fun?
Christa?
Eryn?
Candice?
Tortuga Runner?
Raegun?
10 comments:
Well, I'm sorry you've had such a bad week - it sounds like you did a goo job of staying on track, though! I know what you mean about people who "get it" - not too many people do!
I so wish I would have come. Our usual date night show Modern Family wasn't even on because of the Country Music Awards...I know, lame that our date night revolves around a sitcom but it is our way of making solid time for each other. Anyway, I hope we can meet sometime. I agree, it is sooo important to have people that just "get it". That is one of the things I've loved the most about reading running blogs and blogging. I have been in such a funk today and felt so lost and just now on my run, I felt like the sky opened up and I was connecting with myself and God in a way I needed soooo badly...not everyone gets that.
I'm a total emotional eater. It's tough trying to battle it and distract myself.
I'm sorry you had a bad week. Glad you made
Most of your commitments though! That is wonderful! If it helps, there are a few people I think of when I am running. All of them are my online friends and then YOU. lol. Is that stalkerish?
Sorry you didn't have the best week. From the looks of your commitments you did pretty well!!
I LOVE Dimity and SBS and the whole RLAM thing. A great inspiration to all moms who "get it." I hope you have a great weekend!!!
I wish I had more of a network of women who get it. I love RLAM too! My weeks turning around, but I have been eating a ton of junk lately.
I did pretty well this week, despite being on the road for business travel. I actually thought of you on Wednesday...when I was just about to bail on the hotel gym: if I don't do this, what will I tell Meredith!? LOL
I'm loving this accountability!
So glad you're keeping me accountable.
Running- super great CHECK. I've done all of my scheduled runs this week, 3 so far this week, hopefully a 3 miler today, and meeting up with some girls for 7 tomorrow morning.
Water-better, but not where I want to be. I was hoping for 3 water bottles per day, I hit closer to 2.
Core-did more than last week, but not nearly what I should have.
Wednesday night, was so fantastic. Made me love them even more, and holy cow...how amazing to see almost all of "our" mother runners in one room.
I totally get the bad week...but I know you'll push through.
Meredith--
Thanks for being an integral part of an AWESOME RLAM night (dare I type it, but I believe it was best U.S. RLAM event for me!).
And fantastic photo of you at top of your blog. That light coming down is amazing. Highlighting your fabulousness.
xo
SBS
Post a Comment