Monday, November 8, 2010

Incredible

So, you've now all seen these babies (size small for all those who asked)...

You've now all read how I felt about them before running in them...

And now, I'm sure you're just dying to know how they felt while I ran in them...

Right?

Incredible.

Of course, it could be the Power Bar and coffee I ate before my run.
It could be the carb loaded nachos I had the night before (they did have black beans and tomatillo salsa on top. Protein? Veggies? Right?)

It could be the darn Ghirardelli chocolates that Tortuga Runner sent with the goodies that I won. (Okay. So food choices Saturday night weren't so great.)
It could be the extra hour of sleep.

Or, it could be that my Sugoi Piston 200 tights really are that incredible!

I ran 10 miles Sunday morning and since I'm always running late, I really had to pay attention to my time. I truly only had time for 8, but kicked it up the last 2 miles to get my 10 in.

And do you know what???

I could have ran more!

My body felt great after those 10. I truly felt like I had another 2-4 in me. My legs were not tired and I was really wishing I would have gotten out there earlier so I could have ran more.

Sugoi is the Japanese term for incredible.

And, incredible is how I felt.

Coincidence?

I think not.

From their site:

The PISTON 200 Compression Tight is part of SUGOI's Race + Recovery collection. Benefits of compression are equal for runners and cyclists and include muscle stability, improved efficiency of movement, improved circulation and improved recovery among other things. The PISTON 200 Tights feature a tight knit with a high stretch modulus made on an extremely fine 36 gauge machine, ensuring low weight, yet extremely strong and durable compression.

  • 3M Scotchlite reflective accents for added visibility
  • Prelaced stretch drawstring with moisture wicking signature elastic waist
  • Lined crotch gusset
  • 28 inch inseam
  • Inside key/card pocket at waist
  • Contrast flat lock stitching
  • Articulated for increased movement
I first saw these tights when I clicked the Sugoi link from Tall Mom's site. I fell in love and blogged about them here. But I was very unsure of the price. Way more than I would spend.

Then, Tall Mom did a review on them. I ever so obnoxiously, I'm sure, emailed Tall Mom and asked her more questions. And then some more.

Bottom line, she felt they were worth it.

My wheels started turning and I found them on Amazon.com and the rest is history.

After yesterday's run, I ditto Tall Mom's opinion.

They are totally worth it!

I cannot wait to take them with me on longer runs!

Yesterday, as I hopped in the car to race home, all I could do was praise the Lord for the gift of running. I know there are good and bad days, and truly, I had had such a great run the weekend before that I thought I it was time for the struggle. And based upon the food choices the night before, I really wasn't hoping for much. But, I believe, those tights delivered!

And, if you're like me and still have more questions, feel free to email me at meremcna at hotmail dot com

13 comments:

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

I so NEED a pair! I keep stalking for a giveaway since my budget simply doesn't stretch for them. Although my birthday is coming up! Maybe??

So glad to hear that they really worked for you.

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Did I ever mention how I love your header photo with the light shining down on you! Awesome.

H Love said...

I need these...so HAPPY you had a blessed run! Looking good!

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

I NEED those! You look so good in them:) Ghiradelli is heaven and carb-loading with nachos is always a good idea!

Jenn said...

Oh! I'm a huge fan of Sugoi! I have and LOVE those tights! OK-you do NOT look like a mom of 5! Cute blog and those chips look especially awesome right now...

Terri said...

Oh, I love the tights! I have the CW-X ones and they are fab - a bit like putting on a wetsuit, but my legs feel great in them!

Tricia said...

I LOVE them for recovery. LOVE

Julie @ HotlegsRunner said...

Thanks for the review. I need an alternate for my over used CW-X =)

kimert said...

So glad for this review! I read TM's review and wanted a pair, but now I want a pair even more than I did then!!! Too bad I won't be purchasing a size small! lol ;)
Happy running!!

Anonymous said...

I want some... I think I'd look like a real runner... a cool runner... but then, of course, I couldn't wear my pink knee highs!

Eryn said...

so glad you love them! I need to upgrade my lame champion target ones :)

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

SOOO GLAD you love them!! Funny because I am sort of excited it is getting colder so I can wear mine. HUGS!

Lisa said...

now this is an incredible review! I'm looking at buying my first pair of running tights and it sounds like I need to consider these!

What A Difference The Hills Make

Hills. You either love them or hate them. Welcome them or dread them. Embrace or avoid them. Sometimes, I crave them.  I seek them o...