Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Unplugged

Between being me being sick, my computer being sick, preparing for a trip to visit my family and Thanksgiving, I've been a bit unplugged. And to tell you the truth...

It's been nice.

I tend to be a bit OCD.

I tend to be an all or nothing kind of girl.

I can spend way too much time with the computer.

Not enough time with anything else...

It's been nice to not feel like I needed to check in.

And now, we've got a new little miss.

Because 5 kids just wasn't enough.

Between potty breaks, snuggles, cleaning up messes, and playtime, I feel like I've got a new baby and will have little to show for my day.

Thinking the computer will be on the back burner or I REALLY won't get much done!

Here's what I've been up to while being unplugged...

Running on the treadmill - Love that I can do it whenever I want! When it's dark. When it's cold. When I'm by myself. I woke up early before we left on Wednesday, popped in The Santa Clause movie, made sure my kids were snug on the couch and took off for a quick 4 miler... in my shorts! Loved being able to run AND watch a Christmas movie with my kids at the same time!

Decorating the house - Yes. It's all done. We did it before we left and it was so nice to come home to a decorated house. Now, we just need to get our tree. That should be interesting with a new puppy...

Enjoyed an 8 hour icy, snowy drive, with 5 kids to Spokane. It left me wondering why we don't just celebrate Thanksgiving in the summer when we don't have to worry about the roads...

Seriously enjoyed visiting my parents and my brother, his family and my sister. It snowed almost the entire time we were in Spokane and by the time we left on Sunday, there was 11" on the ground at my parents. My kids had a ball!

I did not run in Spokane - Between the frigid temps and the seriously slick roads and savoring my moments with my family it just did not happen. And while I had serious runner envy as we left on Sunday and drove by several runners, I'm glad I just enjoyed the moment with family.

Got a new puppy - Holy cow! She's sweet. She's fun. We're just loving her!

And with all that said, I've now spent way too much time downloading pictures and updating...

Happy running!

9 comments:

A Prelude To... said...

Your daughter looks so sweet in her snow picture...it looks like it could be a picture out of a catalog. So cute!
Love the sweet pup :-)

Anonymous said...

I love the pics! And that dog is just adorable ;)

Unknown said...

Now, see? We chickened out on the traveling, because of snow. We were supposed to go to Milton-Freewater. We had a good time at home though. I am so glad that you got to visit your family. Your kids and your puppy are cute. :-)

Anonymous said...

I wish I had a treadmill at home for those very reasons!

And wow, that is a lot of snow!

Anonymous said...

I think we all need some time to be unplugged. ;-)

Love love love the photos!!! I don't like the cold, but I still miss snow.

Tortuga_Runner said...

Thanks for sharing, great pictures! I need to unplug more often. Me+laptop=annoyed hubby

Karen Seal said...

Aww your new puppy! How sweet!!! I love the snow pictures! I also know how you feel-it's great to take a break every once in a while and just get away from it all!

Terri said...

Look at all those cute faces! And a puppy! :) I am a serious sucker for kids and a puppy.

Julie D. said...

love the pics, mere. looks like a great time!! can't wait to meet your puppy! i miss you. hope to talk//see you soon!

What A Difference The Hills Make

Hills. You either love them or hate them. Welcome them or dread them. Embrace or avoid them. Sometimes, I crave them.  I seek them o...