Okay. Okay. It's Saturday, (now it's Sunday) not Friday. However, between my computer crashing just about every time I get on it and taking care of 5 kids and a newborn... uh, I mean puppy! I'm not on the computer much.
But, I did just have to post this...
3 days of Jazzercise? Check!!
2 runs of 5 miles this week and a weekend run?? Check!!! Well, almost. The runs were more like 5.25 and the weekend run isn't happening until tomorrow (it happened this morning!). But, it will happen and for that I am THRILLED!!
Water? Okay, just not great.
Food?? Can it count that I'm eating LESS peppermint kisses that I was last week??? Less is better, right?? Shoot!!! Wondering if I have to admit that I just ate salad and tater tots for lunch??
Attitude? Much better! Tuesday slipped away with no run and so although I went to Jazzercise Wednesday morning, I still hopped on the treadmill Wednesday night and pounded out the miles while watching Miracle on 34th Street with the kids. And Thursday night?? Let's just say I was inspired by little miss Tonia B.! I put the kids to bed and hopped on the mill again and pounded out my 2nd run of the week! It felt so good to get it done with the only negative being that I couldn't fall asleep until after midnight.
Lots of race thoughts have been going through my head in the last week. It could be that the new year is getting closer. It could be because my dear friend, Eryn, is doing this. It could be because I haven't raced in awhile. Regardless of why, my mind has been racing...
What to do?
The only sure things are the Vancouver Marathon and the Girlfriend's 1/2 Marathon. Other than that, I'm waiting. Waiting to see what's best for my family since they aren't the ones that love running, I truly want to keep them in mind as I choose what's next.
As for running now? This morning's run was fabulous! Eight miles with my wonderful friend, Wendy. To be honest, I hadn't ran more that 7 since the 7th of November and I had no idea what to expect. To run 9:15's on the treadmill is some serious work and I was worried that I'd be lucky to hit 10:00's outside. Thankfully, that was not the case. Thankfully, I really haven't lost that much fitness. Thankfully, I felt great at the end of 8 and could have done more if we had more time. And, really, quite thankfully, we were able to finish up our run with an 8:30 mile with our overall pace being 9:13. Man, it felt amazing!!
Even more amazing is how my mood has changed. Getting back on track feels amazing and I'm looking forward to another good week.
How was your week and how are your commitments going?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What A Difference The Hills Make
Hills. You either love them or hate them. Welcome them or dread them. Embrace or avoid them. Sometimes, I crave them. I seek them o...
-
I was recently contacted by CSN stores to host a giveaway on my blog. What fun! CSN has over 200 stores with some super fun stuff... you ca...
-
It's one of those days. One in which I fought with my daughter over her desire to not get out of her warm jammies so that she could get ...
-
I woke up at 6:45 Saturday morning and glanced at the clock. Excitement filled my body. Knowing, the very next day, I would be toeing the ...
2 comments:
OMG Meredith, I seriously don't know how you do it?! I commit? Yeah, I kind of de-committed myself. I opened up my busy schedule thinking I would get more me time, family time...run time and all I have gotten is 2lbs heavier. I need to re-commit.
I feel like I"m in running never never land right now. Got in two 4 milers last week....looking forward to Christmas break and my hubby being home during daylight so I can get out a bit more.
I'm sucking at all food/water right now. I think I drank one measly cup of water yesterday and about 4 cups of coffee. yikes!
I DID make a huge commitment on Friday, so there is that :) AND, I'd really love for you to join me, but I know that GF is the week after, so that might be a bit much for you :)
Post a Comment