Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Dream Come True

I have a new running buddy.

She is AMAZING!

Simply amazing.

She covers my rear in sticky situations.

She knows her place.

She makes run feel easy breezy.

She'll carry fuel for me if I want her to.

And, she's pretty too.

She's a dream come true!

Truly.

I mentioned a little bit ago that Lululemon was very generous in blessing each of the participants of the Inaugural Eugene Women's 1/2 Marathon with a $60 giftcard to their stores. When I received that baby in the mail I was overjoyed! What was I going to get???

I knew I wanted either a pair of their groovy run shorts or a skirt. But, to be honest, I wondered if their product would live up to my dreamy expectations.

When I walked into the store, I felt at home. I was offered coffee or tea. There was a wall of tanks. A wall of pants. Shorts . Sweatshirts. Underwear. Sale items. This store was neatly organized. In no way overwhelming. And appealed to every single one of my senses.

Heavenly... especially for a girl who gets overwhelmed easily and has been getting anxious over everything.

I beelined for the skirts and grabbed the Run:Speed Skirt in a 6 and an 8. I was told to expect to go up a size at Lululemon and figured I was dreaming to grab a 6. I then headed to the shorts and grabbed a couple of those as well.

I put the skirt on first in a size 8 and was glad to see that it was, in fact, too big. The 6? I loved it! (and I promise there is a point to me mentioning the sizes.)

The shorts were next and wow. The 6's? Um, the waist was great. The legs? Well, lets just say that God blessed me greatly in the thigh department and they were so unflattering. The 8's? Quite roomy but, again, the legs?? Here's a nice way to put it, "I like the skirt on you better!" says the gal working by the dressing rooms. Yeah. Me too.

I had $6 left to spend and was just about to purchase some socks when some of their underwear caught my eye. I tend to chafe from mine on my long runs and although they were expensive ($18) I thought that to not chafe would make them oh-so-worth-it. Because their shorts were snug on me in a 6, I bought the mediums.

I put the unders on for my 14 miler and loved how they looked. Or rather, I loved how they made me look. Wonderfully athletic. But, crap, they already looked too big. They were gappy and I was not encouraged in the least as I pulled my tights up and had to do some major adjusting. Praying they would stay in place.

They didn't. Needless to say, I chafed in places I'd never chafed before. Ouch.

The skirt???

It did not disappoint!

See that happy smile??

I wore it on Monday for my 6 miler and instantly fell in love. The skirt did not budge the entire run. It did not fall down. The undershorts did not ride up. I felt easy breezy.

But, I wondered if it was just because the 6 was so refreshing after running 14 on Saturday.

So, I wore it again today. The verdict?

I LOVE it! Love it!

What Lululemon says about the skirt...

  • All the technical properties of a short, but we made a skirt instead!
  • Lightweight & wicking swift fabric with 4-way stretch and recycled content
  • Inherently wicking luxtreme™ fabric liner with sticky elastic at hem, stops shorts from riding up
  • Smooth, wide waistband
  • Continuous drawcord won't come out in the wash
  • Storage! Secure back zipper pocket & 2 gel pockets on the front
  • Chafe-resistant - flat seams
While the skirt is expensive at $54, it seems to fall right in line with the prices of other running skirts and I can say it is worth it! This skirt has converted me to a skirt girl and I can't wait to own more!




Thank you Eugene Women's 1/2 and thank you Lululemon!!! Thanks for making my dream come true!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmmm...maybe it's time to start thinking of matchy matchy outfits for the Girlfriend's Half? I've never been in to Lululemon, what a great excuse to check them out.

Unknown said...

A post like this requires pictures!

Julie D. said...

you are funny! where are the pics?!

Eryn said...

Is that the skirt with little ruffles on the side? Was just looking at their site. I want a skirt too!

What A Difference The Hills Make

Hills. You either love them or hate them. Welcome them or dread them. Embrace or avoid them. Sometimes, I crave them.  I seek them o...