Thursday, March 10, 2011

Let's Get This Party Started

Last year, I was blessed to receive Run Like A Mother: The Book from a dear friend.

It made me laugh. It made me cry. And it made me feel like I had a new friend running the journey with me. It was so good that I was sad when it ended. I wanted more!

Thankfully, there has been more. There was this moment, there's an RLAM blog and there's even an RLAM facebook page.

Love me some RLAM!

If you haven't read the book yet, I completely recommend you run and get it right away.

RLAM has been such a part of my journey that it seems crazy to me that they're just gearing up to celebrate their 1 year RLAMiversary!!!

1 year!

Sounds like a great reason to celebrate, right??

And, if you live in the Pacific NW, there's even more to celebrate. Sarah is hosting an RLAMiversary party right here in Portland!

Here are the details...

RLAMiversary RUN

Saturday, April 9th

9:30-12:30

RiverPlace Athletic Club
0150 SW Montgomery
Portland, OR 97201

(Hosted by Sarah Bowen-Shea)

3- or 5-mile fun, non-competitive run (all paces welcome). Afterward, refreshments--and well-stocked goodie bags--await all participants. Eat, chat, mingle, and hopefully win some excellent swag. Books and tees will be available for purchase--or just bring your copy to be signed. SBS will be in Portland, while Dimity is partying with Denverites.

I'm so stinkin' excited!! And to add even more fun to the mix, my first 20 miler is scheduled for that morning. How fun will that be to finish up my 20 with fellow RLAMers?? I seriously cannot wait!!

So, if you live in the area, come, celebrate, run, laugh and maybe you'll even cry! Not to mention get a little deep breath before heading back to enjoy the weekend with your family. Because, truly, who doesn't need a little deep breath now and again to be a better Wife, Mom and friend?

Hope to see you there!!


2 comments:

Terri said...

Very cool! :)

Karen Seal said...

That sounds awesome!!! Have fun! :0)

What A Difference The Hills Make

Hills. You either love them or hate them. Welcome them or dread them. Embrace or avoid them. Sometimes, I crave them.  I seek them o...