I'm sitting here with butterflies swirling in my stomach.
I've done 2 tempo runs on the mill.
That, I can do.
Today?
Mile repeats.
1 mile warm-up.
3X1600 @8:09's with 800 recovery jogs.
1 mile cool down.
I haven't done repeats since before the Girlfriend's 1/2.
And this is what I did.
I haven't read that in awhile. And honestly? It just made me cry.
I think that part of my anxiety lies in the fact that I don't know what to expect out of repeats on the 'mill. I had thought about heading to the track, but I don't own a Badda$$ Mother Runner shirt. So when I saw the forecast and it showed rain blowing sideways my pansy self decided that the 'mill would be the way to go. This part of my anxiety has me doubting myself.
Then, there's the other side. Will I push myself enough on the mill? Or will I settle. Will I settle on 8:09's when I know there's more in me?
Think I'll go read my old post again for inspiration and head to the 'mill and hopefully have the most puketastic time ever!
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What A Difference The Hills Make
Hills. You either love them or hate them. Welcome them or dread them. Embrace or avoid them. Sometimes, I crave them. I seek them o...
-
I was recently contacted by CSN stores to host a giveaway on my blog. What fun! CSN has over 200 stores with some super fun stuff... you ca...
-
It's one of those days. One in which I fought with my daughter over her desire to not get out of her warm jammies so that she could get ...
-
I woke up at 6:45 Saturday morning and glanced at the clock. Excitement filled my body. Knowing, the very next day, I would be toeing the ...
3 comments:
Sometimes I read old posts to get a little inspiration to get my ass out there and pound the pavement. Hope you had a good run!
Mile repeats are ones where you really don't need the track. I hope you got them done and are happy!
Love you friend!! Go get em!!!!
Post a Comment