To all the moms with less than 5 children,
You're welcome.
Seriously. You. Are. Welcome.
I realized yesterday why I don't like to do my make-up, my hair, or get out of my sweats/running gear . It's because of you. And, you're welcome.
I do it for you.
I realized that I would never want someone to think that I am better than I am. I've actually had people say to me that when they are having a hard time, they think, "if Meredith can do it with 5, then surely I can do it with 2 (or whatever # of children it is that they have)."
I never like to make people feel like less than what they are. And I am surely not one who wants to cause people to believe Satan's lies that they suck.
So, for all of you. Again, you are welcome.
And, maybe this will cause you to love that woman at the store in her sweatpants, frazzled hair and haggard face. Maybe, instead of judging her and thinking that perhaps she should have put a brush through her hair before she left home, that perhaps her children's faces could have been washed - maybe, just think thankful thoughts. Maybe she's doing it for you too.
I mean, after all, who doesn't love to make someone feel better. I know I do!
So, for you, I wear what shows how I feel. For you, I will take one for the team. For you, I'm willing to look like crap.
And for my husband, I promise that when we go on dates I'll make myself look pretty :)
You're welcome.
Friday, March 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What A Difference The Hills Make
Hills. You either love them or hate them. Welcome them or dread them. Embrace or avoid them. Sometimes, I crave them. I seek them o...
-
I was recently contacted by CSN stores to host a giveaway on my blog. What fun! CSN has over 200 stores with some super fun stuff... you ca...
-
It's one of those days. One in which I fought with my daughter over her desire to not get out of her warm jammies so that she could get ...
-
I woke up at 6:45 Saturday morning and glanced at the clock. Excitement filled my body. Knowing, the very next day, I would be toeing the ...
6 comments:
hilarious! I do those same things, but just because I'm lazy!
who said sweats aren't hot? I wear them everyday with or without makeup! You are awesome MAMA of 5!
You crack me up sweet friend!!!
Hehehehe we are TORN about having baby #3.. 5 wow lady!!
Sweats with Uggs is the look I like to go for :)
LOL~ this is awesome. I have a mommy uniform. it does not include makeup.
As for your 20 ~ hellz yea ~ look forward to it with GLEE. There are plenty of people who go out and have no problems. My last 2 20's of this training cycle were a gift, wrapped in shiny paper, with a giant BOW on top. I swear, one of them might have been my greatest training run ever... But I wrote that post for the "others", the ones who have it rough, or don't finish, and then say, "I don't know how I can go run a marathon now". Because even if that's how it happens, the marathon can still be great.
Post a Comment