It's day 1 of the great sugar detox of April 2011.
I've been doing great all day.
Not tempted by the Easter candy that has invaded my home.
Not tempted at all.
I even took a picture of myself to see if I really looked how I felt.
The answer?
Sure do.
And, no. I'm not posting it.
But, now...
As the rain pours outside.
As my head starts to hurt.
As I hit the wall and start feeling ready for bedtime.
As the kids whining starts to get on my every nerve.
I'm tempted.
Tempted to grab a handful of jelly beans.
Tempted to throw a peep in my mouth.
Tempted by the cute LITTLE Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.
Because, surely, that will give me TONS of energy and will give the patience I need to get through the day. Right?
Wrong.
It's a lie.
I refuse to listen to it.
I refuse to fall to it's temptation.
Like I said, it's the great sugar detox of April 2011.
It won't be easy.
It won't be fun.
It won't taste as sweet.
But, when the camera reflects a better me, I'll go ahead and show you what it showed me today.
And then?
It will totally be worth every uneaten jelly bean, peep and Reese's Peanut Butter cup!
Monday, April 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What A Difference The Hills Make
Hills. You either love them or hate them. Welcome them or dread them. Embrace or avoid them. Sometimes, I crave them. I seek them o...
-
I'll share more later, but, for now, I'm going to keep it short and sweet... 3:15 a.m. came early A smoothie consi...
-
I was recently contacted by CSN stores to host a giveaway on my blog. What fun! CSN has over 200 stores with some super fun stuff... you ca...
-
It's one of those days. One in which I fought with my daughter over her desire to not get out of her warm jammies so that she could get ...
7 comments:
My dear, You look positively fabulous as you are now! What in the world are you up to??
I have been on detox for just over a week. I said to myself last week, "I work out every day. I should look like it." So I gave in and admitted I need to work on the food I eat. Here's to avoiding sugar...and grumpiness! Not sure if I can do both!
Love it!! I'm joining you on the great sugar DETOX!!! Love it, Heidi..."I work out every day. I should look like it." I'm with you, grumpiness and sugar?! Nah.
I see a detox support group forming. You are doing to do great! Be nice to yourself!
Good luck! We can do this!
You can do it friend!! I am there with you on the sugar thing. Have been waiting until my favorite egg peanut butter cups are all eaten up & THEN on sugar detox.........maybe I should go throw them away!
I just joked with my sister in law, that last week i started a new diet...all jelly beans.
UGH. feeling ya there, girls! I also want to detox!
Post a Comment