You're almost there! What was once months away is now just around the corner.
3 more wake ups.
0 training runs to go.
404.2 miles trained.
You've got this.
Just a couple of things before you toe the line...
You are your biggest obstacle. Yes. You.
When that suck monkey comes, PUNCH him in the face. Remind him of all the miles you've trained. Of the repeats. Of the tempo runs. Of the hard 2o miler you pushed through and finished strong. Of the 16 that had you wanting to run an ultra. Remind him of the early morning wake-ups. That your body is entirely capable. Remind him.
When little Miss Pansy@$$ has you thinking it's okay to back off. That your time goal doesn't matter. That another minute or two makes no difference. Remind her.
When mile 7 hits. Smile. It's for your brother. And let's face it, the whole first half is his. Smile.
Remember what Julie D. has told you... to "Find Your Strong". "She Believed She Could, So She Did". Find your inner warrior. Push hard. Finish strong. She believes in YOU!
As do so many others.
Read the letter from G.
Pray.
Enjoy the ride.
Be in the present.
Enjoy God's blessings.
He loves you.
Running is a blessing.
Running your first marathon is a gift.
Remember.
And, finally, know that your finish time does not define your experience. It just doesn't. Give it everything you have. Know that you did all that you could. And, in the end, be proud of what you accomplished.
Let's do this!
Me
"I used to run with doubt. Now, she can't keep up." - Mizuno
Thursday, June 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What A Difference The Hills Make
Hills. You either love them or hate them. Welcome them or dread them. Embrace or avoid them. Sometimes, I crave them. I seek them o...
-
I was recently contacted by CSN stores to host a giveaway on my blog. What fun! CSN has over 200 stores with some super fun stuff... you ca...
-
It's one of those days. One in which I fought with my daughter over her desire to not get out of her warm jammies so that she could get ...
-
I woke up at 6:45 Saturday morning and glanced at the clock. Excitement filled my body. Knowing, the very next day, I would be toeing the ...
12 comments:
So excited for you. You have trained well and are ready. Enjoy every moment!
Can we get a bib # for stalking purposes?
Cheering for you!!!!!!!!!! Have a wonderful run.
YAY!! You go girl!! I can't wait to hear all about it!!
Thinking of you! So proud of you. You've got this girlfriend!
Dear Meredith,
You are my running inspiration. I tell you that a lot, but it's true. You are strong. You are capable. And, above all, you are ready. I hope your race is full of those moments where you close your eyes and feel the sun on your face and want to run forever. And I hope you get to soak up every moment of this huge accomplishment. And I hope I can scream at you as you round the bend on the last stretch to "Finish Strong!! You can do it! You're a rock star! I'm so proud of you!" Because you CAN do it. And you ARE a rock star. And I AM proud of you.
Heidi
Mere, Im so excited for you! Your going to do so great. You have worked so hard to get here. Im proud of you and can't wait to hear how it goes. You can do it!
I have chills. Head to toe.
SO if you SEE BART YASSO at the Expo, tell him his "Sock Wearing BFF sends her love". Trust me, you haven't lived until you've gotten Bart Yasso laughing. He has the best laugh ever. And it's good mojo to see him before a marathon.
You are ready.
Breathe, relax, and let the marathon come to you.
Good luck!!!! I hope to bump into you there!!!
I have been SO excited and emotional thinking about what Sunday holds for you!! You have got this!!!! i have ran beside you and had the privilege of walking beside you through much bigger challenges than this - my strong, amazingly emotional, determine, best hugging, joyous, hilarious friend is going to ROCK it!!! No Miss Pansies here.
Love you!!
Dear Meredith,
You've got this.
Pansy Ass is on vacation for the day.
You are strong.
You are a fighter. In more than one area in your life.
and you will finish strong.
sub 4 is yours.
Love you, friend.
Julie
Must qualify "pansy ass is on vacation for the day"...You've never been that. Ever. Just in case you were wondering. It is a vacation from your mind who lies to you. ;)
You go girl! You can do it!
momshomerun.blogspot.com
Post a Comment