Last week, while Mr. B and I sat at his preschool orientation, I was suddenly elbowed in the ribs. I looked at my little Man and he said, "don't get a red slip!"
You see, the preschool director had just finished explaining their policy on picking your children up late. To be honest, I never even heard her. I was busy, ever so rudely, replying to my husbands text instead of listening. Therefore, Mr. B had to fill me in. I would be charged a set amount of money if I was up to 5 minutes late. From there, I would be charged on a per minute basis. I would receive a red slip in Mr. B's folder letting me know what I owed.
Ouch.
My almost 5 year old knows me too well.
I am always late.
So, it has become my goal to never be late to pick up. Never!
With all our kids in school, I now have the luxury of running during school hours. I drop Mr. B off at preschool and off I go. He is always sure to ask how far I'm going and not so gently reminds me not to get a red slip.
Last week, in order to avoid being late, I ran 8 before pick-up and finished up with 2 more on the treadmill after we got home.
Today, I had 13 on the schedule. To be honest, I thought it would be another day of finishing up after pick up.
13.
13 miles that had me carbing up last night and downing my H2O. However, this morning, I almost cancelled and left my 13 for tomorrow. I was seeing red in another way. Not a red slip from preschool. Red from you know what. Red that had me aching and feeling disgusting. Red that had me wondering if I could really get 13 in without having to rush to a bathroom.
Red.
Then, I realized that if I didn't run this morning, I would have wasted all those wonderful carbs from last night. That I would have to do that again. I just didn't want to. This morning it would be...
I got started a little after 9:00 and knew that I would be happy to get 10 in, perhaps 11...
9:06
9:06
Man, this is feeling good. Knowing I'm faster that my normal easy pace. Remembering Mile Posts, See Mom Run Far or Tall Mom - or all three! You have to run faster to run faster. Maybe I'll just keep it here for the whole run...
8:52
8:41
This is feeling REALLY good! It's beautiful outside! I'm loving this...
8:30
8:15
52:38 at 6 miles in. Really?? I do the math. Maybe. Just maybe, I can get all my miles in...
8:16
8:31
8:28
8:28
1:26:11. 10 miles. I've got this!! I won't be late!! I can get all 13!!! Here I go!!!
8:31
8:34
8:20
And why not add the .1 for kicks??
44:50 (7:34 pace!)
13.1 miles. 1:52:21. A 4 minute and 4 second P.R.
Holy cow!
Apparently, all I need to do is run like I'm going to be late for preschool pick up!
Friday, September 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What A Difference The Hills Make
Hills. You either love them or hate them. Welcome them or dread them. Embrace or avoid them. Sometimes, I crave them. I seek them o...
-
I was recently contacted by CSN stores to host a giveaway on my blog. What fun! CSN has over 200 stores with some super fun stuff... you ca...
-
It's one of those days. One in which I fought with my daughter over her desire to not get out of her warm jammies so that she could get ...
-
I woke up at 6:45 Saturday morning and glanced at the clock. Excitement filled my body. Knowing, the very next day, I would be toeing the ...
9 comments:
Love it!!! Great post. Great run. Congrats on the huge PR!! Isn't there something about red that I've heard gives you more energy, too? :)Yahoo!!!
this is awesome!! Can't wait to see get your PR at Girlfriends!
Wow! Look at you go. Great job. And especially since you were seeing red, which makes me perform awfully for at least 2 days.
Awesome, just awesome. You are so speedy.
So awesome! Whatever it takes to push yourself is good in my book!
awesome!!
Now that's Running Like A Mother! ☺
Love it!!
I am seeing Red this week too...so awesome to be on the worst day for the longest run. :)Thanks for your encouragement!
WHAT AN AWESOME RUN!!!!! Great great job!!! :)
That red slip policy is ridiculous though. Too funny that your five year old was worried about it!
Congrats again on a kick butt run!
Post a Comment