Sunday, October 23, 2011

Perhaps

Perhaps I knew the first car that hollered out the window as they drove by...

And, perhaps I knew the next one.

And, maybe, just maybe I knew the 2 guys that honked at me as they made their way down the road.

I'm guessing the 4th one HAD to be someone I know as they honk, honk, honk, honked (I'm truly hoping I knew them!)

Perhaps I knew each and every single one of them.

Or, perhaps, it was the Zensah sleeves and the Lulu skirt that the hot sweaty mess wore as she ran focused down the path.

Who knows what was going on with the 2 honks and 2 hollers...

What I do know is that I felt strong today.

8 miles for the 3rd day in a row.

8 miles that found my quads a bit tired.  My calves happy from the compression sleeves.  My mind elated with the break from my sweet babes and the quiet and the beauty of fall.

8 miles that had me pushing at the end.  Pushing past comfortable.  Pushing through fatigue.  Pushing on the 24th mile in three days.  Pushing.

Finishing feeling strong.

Deep breath done.

Ready to jump back in to the cuddles and craziness of my sweet babes.  Here I go!




10 comments:

gba_gf said...

I would have honked at you - you're HOTT...

Unknown said...

I'm with G. Honk, honk.

Tasha Malcolm said...

I would have honked out you too! You look great!

~K~ said...

i just think it's funny that 10-15 years ago, i felt insulted when someone was rude enough to think i wanted them hollering/honking/whistling...but now as a mom in her thirties, i almost take it as a compliment (almost!) and think "have you any idea how old i am?! or that i've birthed children!? Oh, yeah, i've still got it!" ha! Congrats on the great run!

Tortuga_Runner said...

great job on the back-to back-to back 8 milers! Your legs alone are totally rock'n so honk and hollers, totally warranted.

Anonymous said...

Look at those legs!! HOTTIE

Kathy said...

You're a hot runner - own it! :) The weather has been so perfect for running - good job getting out there and enjoying it!

Amanda@runninghood said...

Ahh, you have me energized here! And I'd be honking if I saw you!!

A Prelude To... said...

I'm with ~K~ above...let it honk people...I could use some positive affirmations!

As for you, Hottie McHottiepants...can you blame them?

kimert said...

honk honk! You look great! Yay for feeling strong and having a great run!

What A Difference The Hills Make

Hills. You either love them or hate them. Welcome them or dread them. Embrace or avoid them. Sometimes, I crave them.  I seek them o...