Friday, October 21, 2011

Thank you Sweet Amanda


It's been a week full of fighting kids and chaos.  Errands to run and exhaustion.  I've been short on patience with my kids.  Shoot.  I've just been short on patience period.  Add to that the fact that I didn't feel great for most of the week and you have a peachy mother runner on your hands... 

Then, on Wednesday, I read Amanda's post about looking at the world through the eyes of a child.  It was just what I needed.  A deep breath.  An attitude adjustment.  A blessing.

I was not thrilled as I carried a big box of produce into the house from our garden.  I wasn't thrilled because I was tired.  And I didn't feel good.  And, quite frankly, I didn't care if the produce went bad.  I didn't want to peel and cut the carrots.  I didn't want to take care of the zucchini and the corn.  I.  Didn't. Want.  To.

I was acting like a child.

Then, as I washed and peeled the dirt covered carrots, I was filled with wonder.  They were beautiful!  I had never seen anything like it...


  

I quickly called Mr. B into the kitchen and he was just as amazed as I was!  We stood there, at the kitchen sink, staring.  Eyes filled wonder.  Filled with as much excitement as my 5 year old.  It was a blessing.  The blessing continued as we tasted our first purple carrot together.  Pure bliss!  

I was so thankful to have read Amanda's post.  Had I not had that reminder, I may have passed up the moment.  I may have kept my grumpy eyes on and missed it...

Thank you, Amanda!

Blogland is so funny to me.  I have met women that I never would have met.  I have friendships with women across the country.  All of them bring a smile to my face.  They inspire me.  They encourage me.  They push me.  They cause me to pause and think.  They amaze me.  

I feel so blessed to be able to have my dear friends who do life with me and those that I don't know well but cherish all the same.  God has poured abundant blessings on me!

On a completely different note, I laughed when I saw this picture today...

 

Here, let me zoom it in for you... 


I realize it's blurry, but can you see my face???  That is the face of a girl who is frustrated and trapped!  Note to self:  Get to races much much earlier so you can take care of business BEFORE the race starts!

2 comments:

Amanda@runninghood said...

Awww, Meredith! This is lovely! And you inspire ME. I had a hard time following my own challenge this week...even when my kids were shouting with joy at the colorful leaves, I was in a funk and unable to be fully in the moment and see their world the way they did. But when you e-mailed me that picture of the carrot, you inspired me greatly! So thankful to have found a friend in you. And that pic is so funny.

Anonymous said...

I've never seen a purple carrot! How cool.

Love ya, bloggy friend.

What A Difference The Hills Make

Hills. You either love them or hate them. Welcome them or dread them. Embrace or avoid them. Sometimes, I crave them.  I seek them o...