Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A Great Day

Friday was a great day.

Not just because I had an amazing 20 miler.

But, because I came home to this...
It used to look like this...
Cory worked hard all last week to give me my "office".  A calm place.  A place I can hang my race bibs, metals and inspiration.  A place all my own.  And yes, I did request for it to be in my laundry room.  I felt that, perhaps, I would be smiling while doing the grueling and never ending task of laundry. 

And then, I was told that this came from my Mom.  It was my Christmas gift...
 
And shortly after showering, we celebrated Christmas with Cory's family.

A great day indeed!!

And today?  Well, I gave this baby a whirl and am 100% in love with it.  Thank you, Mom!  And thank you, Lululemon!!
Also thought I'd do a little comparison.  Me today and me in October and even in September in the same top...  Down about 10 from September and down 6 or 7 from October.  I do not remember a time when I weighed this much or felt this great.  I am even lower than what I weighed in high school!  Crazy what the body does when it decides it's ready to let go of some of the excess :)


13 comments:

Eryn said...

LOVE your new Laundry Room!! Beautiful! And that skirt is super cute! I'm sure it will help you claim a 3:40 Marathon :)

Unknown said...

In love with the laundry room! Did he just paint them? I need to be inspired to finish my bathroom cabinets!

Jill - Striving to Stay the Course said...

Your laundry room looks SHARP! What a great idea. Sweet hubby. I can definitely tell you have lost weight. You look especially amazing! I really need to try out one of those skirts...someday!

H Love said...

you look amazing! wish I had those legs! and I can say even though I am not a skirt fan...I love your new skirt! where is it from?

gba_gf said...

You're fabulous. And I covet that skirt.

Hope all is well. Love following your training ~ It's helping to keep me sane.

Julie D. said...

you are looking awesome, mere!! love the laundry room!!!

Florence said...

Meredith you are so awesome and what an inspiration for so many. Love your new space.

Michelle P said...

Amazing!! You look so great!! You inspire me to get off my butt. Haven't yet... :-)

Audrey said...

looking good, mere! and I love the skirt!

Unknown said...

You look hawt in that skirt! I feel like I was cropped, hehe!

ashleys said...

You look amazing sweet friend. You know that I haven't been able to make the skirt conversion quite yet, but that one is GREAT. Proud of you!!

Kel said...

Nice colors in the laundry room! That was so sweet of Cory to make that happen for you Mer...and you look simply beautiful in your new skirt/shorts or whatever you call them...but you were beautiful before losing some weight! :) It must feel so great to just feel healthy and able to push yourself to new limits...I'm proud of you sweet friend. Keep on 'running the good race of faith' as you do so well...love you

Marisa @ The Pace of my Life said...

You look great! Glad to see your blog posts in my google reader again!

What A Difference The Hills Make

Hills. You either love them or hate them. Welcome them or dread them. Embrace or avoid them. Sometimes, I crave them.  I seek them o...