As Brenton and I left the library on Friday, my phone rang. It was the school calling to let me know that Ella had fallen off the monkey bars and her arm was hurting her.
Next thing you know, my wonderful, calm, preplanned day, was utter chaos. Or so it felt in my belly.
We headed to urgent care where the Dr. thought that Ella may have fractured her elbow.
Xrays taken.
Waiting room sat in.
Praise the Lord there was no fracture. He says she must had just bruised it up nicely. He gave us a splint, told us to ice it and off we went.
Even in the chaos, I was blessed.
Brenton, so sweet, so caring, offered to open doors for his sister. He offered to buckle her seat belt. He kept making her laugh and smile.
And, because I'm apparently a glutton for chaos, I decided to have Brenton get his kindergarten immunizations while we were there. Then, it was Ella's turn...
She made him smile, comforted him, made him laugh.
My children amaze me.
We enjoyed lots of snuggles Friday night and savored being together.
On Saturday, much to my children's delight, I made homemade pancakes. Which was followed by chore time and then, since hubs was out of town and my sweet 16 year old was at a friends, I loaded up the bikes in the car and we headed to the track.
It was warm.
It was sunny.
It was bliss.
It was, by far, the best run ever!
As I ran around that oval circle, my kids ran with me, they rode their bikes with me, they cheered for me.
As I ran around that oval circle, I smiled as I listened to their sweet conversations to each other. I listened as they offered to walk with their sister whose arm was in a sling.
As I ran around that oval circle, I cared less about my times and more about the time I was spending with my sweet babes.
As I got about halfway through my run a high school boy showed up. He passed Brenton and I as I kissed owies on his knees and elbows.
As I continued on with my run, I had to remind myself that I was not in a race with said high school boy. Apparently, I wasn't so convincing. Apparently, I did not want to get passed. My only requirement was that I continue to run easy and effortless. It was supposed to be an "easy" 6 mile run after all...
8:46, 8:57, 8:44, 8:01, 7:29, 7:30
That's cute.
Easy.
It was effortless.
And, at some point towards the end, high school boy started going in the opposite direction.
I like to think he was sick of not being able to pass the old lady. :)
I savored every step of that run.
I savored the run.
I savored my kids.
I savored the sun.
I savored the effortless paces.
I savored.
The days are passing quickly.
Counting down to Eugene.
4 days.
Crazy!
Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What A Difference The Hills Make
Hills. You either love them or hate them. Welcome them or dread them. Embrace or avoid them. Sometimes, I crave them. I seek them o...
-
I was recently contacted by CSN stores to host a giveaway on my blog. What fun! CSN has over 200 stores with some super fun stuff... you ca...
-
It's one of those days. One in which I fought with my daughter over her desire to not get out of her warm jammies so that she could get ...
-
I woke up at 6:45 Saturday morning and glanced at the clock. Excitement filled my body. Knowing, the very next day, I would be toeing the ...
4 comments:
I love reading your posts Meredith- they are always so uplifting. I agree that the days are passing quickly. Too quickly! It feels weird to say "see ya Saturday!". :-)
so great, mere. what a 'perfect' run. love it. love you. thanks for your encouragement today. Still hanging on to a thread of hope. I decided to wait on cancelling the hotel. I just can't. yet.
2 days!!!!
Happy to hear that her arm was not broken, Praise the Lord!! I enjoy reading your posts as well :) 2 days now till Eugene, God Bless your race!! You will rock it :)
Post a Comment