20 miles done.
16 miles at an easy pace done.
9:14
9:10
9:09
8:58
9:01
8:55
8:57
8:54
8:52
8:58
8:54
9:03
9:03
8:57
8:58
8:57
1 mile that I picked it up without thinking about it.
8:45
3 miles finishing the 20 strong.
8:31
8:30
8:19
Strong.
The first 17 were, well, easy.
I felt good. The weather was great. I was running some hills. I had picked a good course. It was good.
My plan going into the run was to run the last 3 miles at or near race pace. My goal was 8:30.
As I ran the first 17, I would feel my pace picking up. I felt so slow. I don't like to feel slow. But, I knew if I did not stick to my plan, I would not follow through with hitting the last 3 miles strong. I would allow excuses. I would not allow excuses. I would run easy...
As I got closer to the last 3 miles, I psyched myself up. Getting my mind and body ready. Not allowing myself to pansy out of it.
Oh, I'm running to your arms
I'm running to your arms
The riches of your love,
will always be enough.
Nothing compares to your embrace
Light of the world FOREVER REIGN!
Strong. Find it.
I pushed my body and my mind those last 3 miles. There was a little voice telling me I could not do it. There was a little voice that told me that since I could not do it, I would not get that sub-4 or better finish in Eugene. There was a little voice that with each footfall I proved wrong.
I was determined.
Pushing myself.
Proving to myself.
I am strong.
3 comments:
You ARE strong. And now I can hear your songs even better.
I am so proud of you!!!
You rock and you ARE STRONG. Great job!!!!!!!!
You are so stinkin' cute Mere! Love the photo! Can't wait to see your pretty little face soon!
Post a Comment