That was then.
This is now...
I was so inspired and motivated on Sunday. Rip roaring and ready to go!
Monday came and the workout clothes were put on. Then, the kids were moving slowly, the house was a wreck, I decided Jazzercise at 3:45 was much more realistic and gave myself the day to get some stuff done.
Can you guess what happened???
Right.
No Jazzercise.
Tuesday morning found me in a whirlwind as I got the kids ready and out the door and headed out the door myself to help make gingerbread houses in Caden's class. Came home, ate lunch and planned hitting the mill.
Can you guess what happened???
Well, I'm sure you can guess there was no running involved, but even I was a bit shocked at what happened...
I pulled the dog onto my lap, Brent curled up right beside me, we put Elf on the TV and I fell asleep before he could even get through the Gumdrop Forest!! Out. Completely out. I cannot remember the last time I fell asleep on the couch when I was not sick. Apparently, I'm tired.
This morning???
Well, let's just say that Cole does the dishes on the weeknights. And, let's also just say that because of late nights at wrestling the dishes did not get done Monday or Tuesday night. And, let's go on to say that I was too busy at the school, sleeping, or watching him win his first match! to get them done as well.
So, what I'm really saying is, my house was beyond disgusting and I chose to stay home and work on digging us out of the filth.
Thankfully, that is one plan that worked for the week!
So, while I could focus on the fact that I've yet to run this week and that I haven't walked in the doors of Jazzercise either, I'm not.
I'm focusing on the fact that I ate completely healthy today.
I'm focusing on the fact that I've rested this week.
I'm focusing on the fact that the terrible cough and cold that I've had for over a month is now miraculously going away... could it be that my lungs just needed some rest??
I'm focusing on the fact that I've snuggled with the kids A LOT! That I got A LOT accomplished today AND had a tasty dinner on the table! AND made molasses cookies for the family.
So, while I haven't ran or exercised in the least, I'm enjoying the many benefits of the break and am hoping that my body will be all better for my fun weekend of running with friends.
Also hoping that my computer that heads to the hospital tomorrow will come back healthy, happy and with all the pictures still on it that I have failed to take off for the last 3+ years!
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What A Difference The Hills Make
Hills. You either love them or hate them. Welcome them or dread them. Embrace or avoid them. Sometimes, I crave them. I seek them o...
-
I was recently contacted by CSN stores to host a giveaway on my blog. What fun! CSN has over 200 stores with some super fun stuff... you ca...
-
It's one of those days. One in which I fought with my daughter over her desire to not get out of her warm jammies so that she could get ...
-
I woke up at 6:45 Saturday morning and glanced at the clock. Excitement filled my body. Knowing, the very next day, I would be toeing the ...
10 comments:
Nice! Sounds like a good day. I'm skipping moms tomorrow to dig US out of the filth, and let my sickish baby just rest and not be traumatized by childcare :) AND, I'm looking forward to running with friends this weekend TOO. What/where are you going? 6 miles, Salmon Creek Trail at a 10:30ish pace, 9am Saturday, With jill, selene, and maybe marnee. YOu?
perfect. sounds like a great day. funny thing...i just can't stop doing laundry!! ;) must be that new washer, gosh darn it. LOL!
Enjoy the rest.
Way to focus on the positive in your life! So glad you are starting to feel better. And yes, there are so many benefits of a break from running and exercise.
Sometimes you just need a break! I've had an enforced rest this week (sickness - ugh!) and I really hope I will have a very productive running weekend because of it!
You are exactly right...sometimes, you need a breather! Glad you got one this week and were able to catch up on much needed rest! :0)
Rest can be a great thing for the body!! Enjoy it!
I'm right with you... I'm still in running clothes, and I haven't ran... finished up more Christmas gifts and school party stuff instead.
Rest, healthy eating, a clean house and snuggling with the kids sounds awesome!!!! I would trade in a few workouts for that!! That's great that you are focusing on the positives.
Tis the season! I had such good intentions of getting 3 runs in this week - none of which happened. I too am fighting some kind of head cold. I'm glad you seem to be letting yourself off the hook and focus on what you are doing that is good!
I'm so sorry I haven't called you back. My dad and Karen were here Fri-Sun and my dad decided to stay, he's still here, up on the roof, helping Tripp put down new shingles!
Love you and will call soon!
Post a Comment