Monday, February 28, 2011

Sometimes I Wonder

Sometimes I wonder why I blog...

I will never inspire a tribe like Sarah and Dimity from Run Like A Mother.

I will never have the followers of Tonia or Tall Mom.

I will never be as entertaining or as witty as Skinny Runner.

I will never have as many giveaways as Running Diva Mom.

I don't get tons of comments.

Since the computer is still broken, I don't get to "catch up" with as many bloggers as I used to.

So, I find myself wondering. Why do I blog?

Then, I remember.

I remember when I now can run 10 miles and feel amazing at the end. I remember when I look back at this post or this one, and so many more.

I blog because it's my running journal. It's my history of where I am now, where I've been, and hopes of where I'll be.

Reminders of how fast I can go when I'm in the middle of training.

Reminders of how it feels to get going again after a little break.

So many reminders.

And, I love it!

I'm thankful for this journal. To keep track of my thoughts. To keep track of my running. And hey, maybe somewhere in there, someone will be inspired. Maybe someone will say, "I've felt like that too!" And if not, well that's okay too :)

11 comments:

Karen Seal said...

Love this! It's so true! Thanks for the reminder! :0) I think sometimes we all get caught up in the numbers and wonder if it's even worth it anymore!

Unknown said...

I always wonder why I blog. I don't have the same journey as you, but I think I get even less comments! LOL. I love to read your journey!

Julie D. said...

you'll always be one of my favorite bloggers! ;) I've been contemplating this too and I came up with the exact same answer. I'm sure we will look back on it in 15 plus years and be inspired by our own journey of where we have been and where we have yet to go!

H Love said...

So true and I have been feeling the same way! You have inspired me both physically and spiritually and consider you my peep!

So thanks for being vulnerable and true and sharing your journey!

Hmmm, maybe we should have a contest for the least number of comments on a post! HA!

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

I have the same thoughts at times. And it always comes back to the fact that I write for me. I love reading your journey! Thanks for sharing it!

Eryn said...

I love your blog :)

It's real, and You know, me, I love REAL.

I've wondered the same, and clearly, practically dropped off the face of blogland. :)

Unknown said...

I blog so I can eventually (in October, yay!) meet wonderful runners like you.

Anonymous said...

I blog for me. That's it. I use it as a way to look back and have a written recording of what I've done or accomplished

Zaneta @ Runner's Luck said...

ok, im not just saying this... but, "i feel like that too!" :)
Just tonight while I was at work I was thinking about my blog and how i'm having a really hard time motivating myself to workout right now and why on earth do i blog?!
Thanks for this post! You reminded me exactly of why i do it! So I can keep track of what's going on with me! and maybe inspire someone someday ;)

SupermomE13 said...

I love your blog for what that is worth. :)

I blog because I really enjoy it. Sometimes I feel the way you described (especially when the comments are few and far in between) but then I just remind myself that I am doing it because I like it and it is a great journal. Keep blogging!

Anonymous said...

I'm reading even if I'm not always commenting. I love following everyone's journey. And my favorite blogs are the ones that are personal, where I feel like I really know the person. Keep it up Meredith... you never know how many people you are touching and inspiring.

What A Difference The Hills Make

Hills. You either love them or hate them. Welcome them or dread them. Embrace or avoid them. Sometimes, I crave them.  I seek them o...