There's a blessing and a curse that I'll go ahead and call day 3.
I made it through day 1.
Day 2 came and I even said, "no" TWICE when sweet B offered me some of his jellybeans. And while I was less tempted to grab that handful of jellybeans on day 2, I was also hungry when I went to bed.
Hungry because my body had apparently worked it's way through my reserves of all the crap I had consumed in the days prior.
I once read about a girl who actually LIKED to go to bed hungry. I, however, feel as if I'm torturing my poor body and baby any hunger pain with a little food. I think there's something wrong with being hungry.
There's one problem with that. When your body is used to consuming too many calories, there's going to be some hunger as it adjusts to what is a healthy amount. It's not giving into it with handfuls of jellybeans, cheese and tortilla chips that seems to be the problem.
I have a certain amount of calories that Everyday health has given me to lose a healthy 1 lb. a week. It's nothing crazy, but it sure helps me. Helps me to get the right serving size. The right amount of calories. It's helped me to be more aware of what I put in my mouth.
I love that I have that benchmark each day. Last night, as I stood looking at my food journal, I realized, "hey, I still need to eat 200 more calories!!" Yeah for 200 more calories!!
So, what's the curse of day 3 you may ask?? Well, my body is starting to feel less crappy. I don't feel as bloated. I feel better about myself. I can almost tell myself that it's fine to have some jellybeans today. After all, I went 2 WHOLE days without them :)
Here's to staying strong on day 3!
When do you have the hardest time staying on track?
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What A Difference The Hills Make
Hills. You either love them or hate them. Welcome them or dread them. Embrace or avoid them. Sometimes, I crave them. I seek them o...
-
I was recently contacted by CSN stores to host a giveaway on my blog. What fun! CSN has over 200 stores with some super fun stuff... you ca...
-
It's one of those days. One in which I fought with my daughter over her desire to not get out of her warm jammies so that she could get ...
-
I woke up at 6:45 Saturday morning and glanced at the clock. Excitement filled my body. Knowing, the very next day, I would be toeing the ...
3 comments:
Stay strong!
I totally over eat all the time/crave sugar and it's something I'm really working on. I find that drinking lots of water helps me with that hunger feeling...oh and eating a handful of walnuts 20 minute prior to actually eating has really helped me consume less at each meal.
I'm with you on this one! I'm calorie counting right now too in order to do the 1 lb a week... what I'm having trouble with is seeing that I have 300 calories until my max and even if I'm not hungry, sometimes I tend to grab complete junk to fill that last 300 cals. Me + candy = trouble, trouble!
yay for day 3! I am my weakest between lunch and dinner. I eat too many sweets after lunch and get hungry right before dinner and snack.
Post a Comment