I left bright and early Saturday morning - well, early for me on a Saturday morning...
A little after 8:00.
I headed out to have coffee with a sweet friend and then to head on over to an AMAZING celebration for the RLAMiversary for Another Mother Runner's, Sarah and Dimity. We chatted a bit, ran a nice 5, chatted some more. Oh and we got some crazy cool swag too! Asics arm warmers, New Balance socks, an Arcteryx hat, a Skirt Sports bag, some Nuun, some GU... crazy cool!
After a great morning I was blessed with more girl time as two dear friends and I headed over to Lululemon and Fit Right. So wonderful. So peaceful. Bliss! I even found a new Amphipod Hydration Belt and Headsweats visor. Sweet bliss!
After said bliss, I then headed on over to Costco and got home around 3:00.
When I walked in the door, my sweet 9 year old said, oh so excitedly, "How did your 20 go????" (Apparently, he knows my schedule too :) To which I said, "Oh Bud, I didn't do 20 today because of my foot. I only did 5." His reply? "Oh. You're usually a LOT faster when you run 5." Sweet boy. Thought his Mama was quite the slow poke. 7 hours for 5 miles. Ouch!
Thankfully, it did not take me 7 hours for 5 miles. Thankfully, I could share about my fun morning with him. And I absolutely LOVE that he gets just as excited about my long runs as I do... dare I say he's even a bit proud of his mom??
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What A Difference The Hills Make
Hills. You either love them or hate them. Welcome them or dread them. Embrace or avoid them. Sometimes, I crave them. I seek them o...
-
I was recently contacted by CSN stores to host a giveaway on my blog. What fun! CSN has over 200 stores with some super fun stuff... you ca...
-
It's one of those days. One in which I fought with my daughter over her desire to not get out of her warm jammies so that she could get ...
-
I woke up at 6:45 Saturday morning and glanced at the clock. Excitement filled my body. Knowing, the very next day, I would be toeing the ...
4 comments:
That is CRAZY cute!!! Love that he knows your schedule and paid attention to how long your "run" was. :)
Hope that foot is on the mend!!
You got some awesome gear! You're gonna need a wardrobe just for all your cool new running gear! Do you love your headsweats visor? I love mine!
oh, that is so sweet! Poor guy, he thought you were running all that time...he was probably worried about you!! ;)
Sounds like a perfect Saturday and way more fun then running 20 miles.
elena
Post a Comment