Saturday, March 17, 2012

His Way

Years ago, as I was drowning in diapers and baby spit up, God was very gracious in giving me a gift of His words.

And while, tomorrow, I'm getting to do something I love.

And, tomorrow, I'm choosing to run this 26.2.

And, tomorrow, I'm  choosing to make myself hurt.

I know that, tomorrow, I will be praising my Heavenly Father.

I know that, tomorrow, I will get precious time with Him.

I know that, tomorrow, I will call upon Him for strength.

And, as I've sat in bed countless times this week.  Looking at the clock at 6:45.  Knowing I'll be in my starting corral at 6:45 tomorrow morning.  I've heard these words.  Words that I've carried with me through the years.  Words that have a whole new meaning when it comes to tackling 26.2...

“For You are my lamp, O Lord;
The Lord shall enlighten my darkness.
30 For by You I can run against a troop;
By my God I can leap over a wall.
31 As for God, His way is perfect;
The word of the Lord is proven;
He is a shield to all who trust in Him.
32 “For who is God, except the Lord?
And who is a rock, except our God?
33 God is my strength and power,
And He makes my way perfect.
34 He makes my feet like the feet of deer,
And sets me on my high places."
2 Samuel 22:29-34

He is my lamp.

By my God I can leap over a wall.

His way is perfect.

He is a shield to all who trust in Him.

God is my strength and power.

He makes my way perfect.

He makes my feet like the feet of deer.

He is amazing.

I would not be doing this if it weren't for my God.  My Heavenly Papa.  He has blessed me with this gift.  Here we go!

 

4 comments:

Florence said...

Your such an inspiration. I will be praying with you tomorrow. Just know that. Can you post on fb what time the race starts? Hugs! Florence

SupermomE13 said...

BEAUTIFUL POST!!!!!!!

I am so excited for you - you are so ready and you are going to have an amazing run tomorrow. Enjoy your "victory lap"! Big hugs and congrats in advance!!!

Kris said...

Love the scripture!! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! I love how He is with us at all times and never leaves us nor forsakes us; He will be running 26.2 with you tomorrow.
Have a BLESSED race!!

Michelle @ www.movinitwithmichelle.com said...

What an inspirational post...thank you for this, it lifted my spirits. I will be thinking of you tomorrow!

What A Difference The Hills Make

Hills. You either love them or hate them. Welcome them or dread them. Embrace or avoid them. Sometimes, I crave them.  I seek them o...