Friday, March 16, 2012

Smiles

I have been beyond blessed with what seems like 100's of smiles this week...

Tuesday morning brought a surprise snowfall that resulted in a 2 hour late start for the kiddos and lots of giggles and snuggles in our jammies.  An incredible treat.  A blessing.  An amazing gift.


Wednesday morning came bright and early when I decided that I would get up at 5:45.  When I was certain it would not still be pitch dark outside.  When I was certain I would be excited for my final round of repeats before the marathon.  I was going to leave at 6:15.  I sat, snuggled under my blanket, drinking my coffee and cruising FB.  I could hear G telling me to get out the door.  Asking me how badly I wanted it.  I finally made it to the track and started my run at 6:45.  I glanced at the schedule before I left and for whatever reason, had it in my head that I was to run 2x1600@7:14.  I nailed it, with both coming in at 7:13!  And later discovered I was actually supposed to run 7:16's.  A blessing.  A gift.

Wednesday's smiles continued as I dropped B off at preschool and headed across town to meet Julie and her sweet Kate and Ashley to get our nails painted.  My sweet Julie was treating me to a pedicure as an early birthday/send off to LA present.  It felt amazing to be with friends and be pampered.  An amazing blessing.  An incredible gift.
Purple toes to match my purple tank :)
Thursday, sweet G, a woman I've never actually met but hold so very dear, wrote me this...  And made me weep :)  And smile :)

This morning, I headed out for my last run.  3 easy miles.  I have remained unsure of what to wear on race day.  The forecasts have been calling for stormy weather and high winds.  I was fairly certain I would be wearing my Lulu shorts, but was not sure if I should wear just a tank or a long sleeve shirt too.  This morning, I wore shorts and long sleeves and was very warm.  And it was 10 degrees cooler than LA :)  Tank it is!  As I ran that 1st mile, I focused on taking it easy.  I tried not to focus on the fact that my legs are pasty white and I was a little embarrassed to be so exposed.  Worried about scarring the poor people driving by.  I was surprised to look down at the beep and see 8:47 feeling as easy as a 9:15.  I kept at that pace until 1.7 and kicked it up to race pace.  My head started telling me it was too hard.  That there was no way for me to run that pace for an entire marathon.  I hung on and settled in.  My legs knew exactly what to do and soon enough, my 8:20 pace felt effortless.  I know I can run that pace!  I finished up with 8:27 and 8:17. 

I've had a great day, lunch with my Mom, packing, relaxing and then...
This little miss was headed on her 1st date.  A date with her Daddy to the Father/Daughter dance.  It was so much fun taking her shopping for a dress and shoes and getting to do her hair.  She squealed in delight when I allowed her to wear lip gloss :)  Tonight, was the highlight of my week and something I will cherish forever!  Such a blessing!  Such a gift!!
Tomorrow, Mom and I head to LA. 

Sunday, I will run my heart out.  Pray for friends.  Talk to God.  And smile the biggest smile (and maybe grimace a bit too).

Thank you so much for all your encouragement and sweet support!  It means the world to me!

3 comments:

Pamela said...

Know always how much dad and I love you and you are running also for your brother. God has blessed us by allowing us to be your parents. Love, love, love forever and always.

Florence said...

Hugs to you Meredith. We are so proud of you and your ministry. Florence

Michelle @ www.movinitwithmichelle.com said...

what a beautiful post...thanks for inspiring me. xoxo

What A Difference The Hills Make

Hills. You either love them or hate them. Welcome them or dread them. Embrace or avoid them. Sometimes, I crave them.  I seek them o...