Sunday, May 16, 2010

Hello Buns

I don't know if it's the 7 mile run I did yesterday with my dear friend Wendy or the run from this morning, but my buns sure are saying hello. So, Buns...

Hello back at you!

In my desire to avoid over training and injury I am currently running like I'm starting to train for a half. My brain knows that this is good. It does. The rest of me, however, just wants to go. Go. Go! So, to be quite honest, I was a bit bummed that my long run for the week was only 7 miles. I wanted more! But, then, while talking with Wendy, I found out she had 7 this weekend too! I love running with Wendy so, I jumped at the chance.

And the 7 miles? Wonderful! They were 7 wonderful and fantastically hilly miles. At one point, Wendy said something about me complaining about her taking me on this run on my facebook update. To which I replied, "No way! If I were to drive by us right now, I would be totally jealous!" We were working hard, sweating like crazy and it was beautiful outside! There was no way I'd be complaining about ANY of that!

I'm not so used to running on hills. And as I train for Hood To Coast and another half, I'm making sure to add lots of hills.

This morning was just a 2 mile easy run. It felt wonderful to get a little break from my fighting kids and it was another beautiful morning for a run. Just a little hilly from my driveway out and when I finished the 2, I thought I'd tackle the little hill just down from my house. Okay. It's not really little.

It was interesting running down. It is quite steep and took me a bit to figure out how to hold my body. Then, to turn around and go back up... It's not really that long of a hill, but even to walk up it sends my heart pounding. I was curious what it would be like to run. I looked at my watch to see how long it would take to go up... 1:31! That's all. Yes. It was steep. Yes. My heart was pounding. BUT. It was not as crazy hard as I thought. Conquering that hill felt fantastic!

Thank you Wendy and the hilly 7! Thank you crazy hard hill out front! My body is happy. My buns are happy. Thank you!

No comments:

What A Difference The Hills Make

Hills. You either love them or hate them. Welcome them or dread them. Embrace or avoid them. Sometimes, I crave them.  I seek them o...