It's Mother's Day and I'm staring longingly out my window. The sun is shining, it's warm, and it's only 8:25 a.m... a rare occurrence this year! It Mother's Day and a beautiful run sounds like such a gift.
However.
My amazing husband is working today. And while I could have gotten up at 5:30 this morning to get a run in, I also thought it sounded wonderful to stay in my soft and comfy bed... clean sheets, birds chirping, sun shining. Almost vacation-like. Almost.
So, I slept.
I also had told myself I would take the weekend off. Letting my body rest and recuperate. I still have a large blister on the bottom of my foot that starts to go away and then gets aggravated again when I go to Jazzercise. And after Thursday's short 4 miles, I feel like my muscles could use the rest. So, it was only 1 day of running and 3 days of Jazzercise for me this week.
Waiting.
Waiting for Monday.
Waiting is hard... especially when it's beautiful outside! It's taking every ounce of me to not go run.
Knowing...
That Monday I start my "very hard" training plan spit out by smart coach from Runnersworld.com. Training to get ready for Hood to Coast in August and the Eugene Women's Half in September. Training so I can finish my half in under 2. Training so I can actually run a half the weekend after I do Hood To Coast and not feel like big bertha running down the road with legs so heavy I can hardly lift them.
So, I'm resting. Waiting. Revving my engines. Can't wait for tomorrow!
Sunday, May 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What A Difference The Hills Make
Hills. You either love them or hate them. Welcome them or dread them. Embrace or avoid them. Sometimes, I crave them. I seek them o...
-
I was recently contacted by CSN stores to host a giveaway on my blog. What fun! CSN has over 200 stores with some super fun stuff... you ca...
-
It's one of those days. One in which I fought with my daughter over her desire to not get out of her warm jammies so that she could get ...
-
I woke up at 6:45 Saturday morning and glanced at the clock. Excitement filled my body. Knowing, the very next day, I would be toeing the ...
No comments:
Post a Comment