Thursday, June 10, 2010

4-6

Nope. Not miles.

Not at all.

You wouldn't believe what I did...

Just 1 week and 2 days before leaving for Mexico...

A trip that just happens to come at a time when I'm healthier than I've ever been...

You just wouldn't believe it...

Or, if you really know me, maybe you would.

4-6.

That's the number of cookies I ate yesterday.

4 to 6.

Why? Why the 4 TO 6??

Well, I can't really remember how many I managed to shove in my mouth.

My wonderfully sweet and kind friend who also eats gluten free made some delicious gluten free chocolate chip cookies. She delivered them to my door when they were still a little warm. She delivered them to my door when I was hungry and crabby. Some might call this perfect timing. I, however, don't.

I then proceeded to barely shut my door before popping a sweet little morsel in my mouth. And while I made the kids lunches, I popped another one in. My mind goes blank at this point (probably to protect myself) and after I was tempted for more, I just threw them in the freezer.

However, last night, while Cory went to pick Cole up from church, they beckoned. Again. I grabbed 2, put them in the microwave, and enjoyed some more tasty goodness.

What have I done to correct this problem? They are now hiding. Yes, hiding in my freezer. Far out of sight. Right next to the pumpkin bread she made me...

I also ran my 3 this morning with Mandi. In great times I might add... her fastest mile ever was included! 8:29!

Then.

Then.

I went to Jazzercise.

Yes. I doubled up. I have never actually done this though I have threatened many times. It felt great and I was, admittedly, quite thankful for the break in whining and fighting.

Mexico is so close I can just about taste the wonderful chips and salsa. I am NOT going to waste all this hard work just because I'm crabby and my days have been a little less that perfect.

Staying focused. Counting down. Oh, Mexico...

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I feel your pain! It's so hard. I have such a sweet tooth! There have been multiple times where I have given in and made or bought a cake, cookies or ice cream...ate one piece, or one bowl then threw the rest away! I know that I do not have the will power to not eat it if its there. I find that I feel even more guilty or bad about myself eating that when I've been exercising, like I did all that work that day just for that one piece of cake. So afraid to get back what was lost with all the hard work. Be good to yourself on vacation and enjoy all that authentic Mexican food! and beers with lime! :) (its just one week and you can get back at it when you get home)

Haddon Family said...

who can eat just one??? not me, i'd say 4-6 is average :) thanks for the blog comment... how on earth do you do it with 5 kids??!! amazing. looking forward to following your running/mothering and eating travels!!

What A Difference The Hills Make

Hills. You either love them or hate them. Welcome them or dread them. Embrace or avoid them. Sometimes, I crave them.  I seek them o...