Last night, around 9:45, I realized that my sweet hubby had to leave for work at 6:15 on Thursday morning.
Last night, around 9:45, I realized that Mandi and I were supposed to run 6 miles on Thursday morning.
Last night, around 9:45, I realized that there was just no way that would work. And, it was too late to call...
So, this morning, when Mandi showed up at my house with her new Nike shirt on that says...
"Everything you need is already inside... Just Do It"
I told her she was wearing the perfect shirt for the day.
Then. Surprise! I threw my idea at her.
6 today. 3 Thursday. Just switching them around.
The farthest Mandi has ever ran is 5 miles. 5. We knew she would do the 6 on Thursday. But, it would be a fairly flat 6. Running from my house is NOT fairly flat. Not in the least.
Because she is amazing. Because she is a great friend. And maybe because I surprised her with it, she said sure. Why not. Oh, and did I mention, she hadn't ran since last Tuesday and she spent the weekend in Vegas. No, I didn't. But, yes, she did.
It was a beautiful morning for a run. Sun shining. Meadows glistening. Cows staring. Gorgeous.
And, she did great! Just over 10's and we felt great afterward. She did great on the hills. She did great on the run. I love that we got our 6 in and all done by 7:10. What a great morning!
Now, if the rest of my day can be just as productive...
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What A Difference The Hills Make
Hills. You either love them or hate them. Welcome them or dread them. Embrace or avoid them. Sometimes, I crave them. I seek them o...
-
I'll share more later, but, for now, I'm going to keep it short and sweet... 3:15 a.m. came early A smoothie consi...
-
I was recently contacted by CSN stores to host a giveaway on my blog. What fun! CSN has over 200 stores with some super fun stuff... you ca...
-
It's one of those days. One in which I fought with my daughter over her desire to not get out of her warm jammies so that she could get ...
4 comments:
I just found you yesterday and I am loving your writing. Thank you. :) And way to go on the switch up this morning - that is inspiring!
great job!
YAhoo!
Just found your blog! Great job fitting it all in--flexibility pays off!
Post a Comment