I was supposed to run with Mandi this morning. Four miles at my house. Just four. A little after 6 I checked my phone because she wasn't here yet... bad night sleep, still packing for her trip to Vegas (she leaves tonight), she wasn't going to make it.
I strapped on my ipod and my watch, put my soaking wet shoes on (I got drenched yesterday!) and off I went.
mile 1: 9:30
mile 2: 8:36
mile 3: 8:14 (my fastest mile yet!!)
mile 4: 7:59!!!!!
Wow!!
I was so stinkin' excited and was telling Cory about my run as he prepared the kids lunches. Cole, my oldest (he's 14) says, "there's a kid at my school who can run a 5 something mile." Yes, I know. I'm not the fastest. But, for me, THAT is the fastest mile I have EVER ran. Ever.
Maybe it was the fact that I haven't run in the sun in so long. Maybe it was the fact that I had my ipod (I haven't been running with it getting used to no music for Hood to Coast). Maybe it was the fact that although I only got about 7 hours of sleep last night (9 is great for me!), it was the best nights sleep I've had in weeks. Maybe, I'm just getting faster. Don't know. Don't truly care why. Just know that it felt fantastic and I'm so excited!
7:59!!
Thursday, June 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What A Difference The Hills Make
Hills. You either love them or hate them. Welcome them or dread them. Embrace or avoid them. Sometimes, I crave them. I seek them o...
-
I was recently contacted by CSN stores to host a giveaway on my blog. What fun! CSN has over 200 stores with some super fun stuff... you ca...
-
It's one of those days. One in which I fought with my daughter over her desire to not get out of her warm jammies so that she could get ...
-
I woke up at 6:45 Saturday morning and glanced at the clock. Excitement filled my body. Knowing, the very next day, I would be toeing the ...
2 comments:
oh, wow, mere! that is awesome!!!! way to go!
that's fast, Mere! good job!! i'm on week 2 of the couch to 5k and loving it so far. thanks for the encouragement!
Post a Comment