I was driving down the road today thinking about the fact that THIS year I will...
Run my 1st marathon...
Run 1,000 miles...
And be a runner...
Oh, wait. I already am. In my mind anyway.
I was giddy!
I laced up and headed out for my first run of the new year on Saturday afternoon. It was beautiful, cold and crisp and yet again, peaceful.
I ran 4 because a) I didn't have any time for more and b) because it was 1 more than the day before. The key being more.
A little symbolic? You bet!
This year, I will run more than last. This year, I will cherish it more than last. This year, I will run more to run and less because of a race (not that there's anything wrong with that!) But, for me, this will be more of a challenge.
As I turned around at mile 2 and headed home, I could barely feel my fingers, my rear was frozen, my noes numb as well, and I thought to myself, "I'm a runner!" I wasn't running for training. I was running because I wanted to. Because it was a deep breath for my soul. Because I got 35 minutes with just me and God and His creation. It was perfect.
So, for me, this year I look forward to running my marathon in June. Challenging myself for a faster time in the Girlfriend's 1/2 in October. And running 1,000 miles just because I want to.
Now, headed off to plan my miles for the year (kind of!) Thanks, Lesley!
What are your goals this year?
Monday, January 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What A Difference The Hills Make
Hills. You either love them or hate them. Welcome them or dread them. Embrace or avoid them. Sometimes, I crave them. I seek them o...
-
I'll share more later, but, for now, I'm going to keep it short and sweet... 3:15 a.m. came early A smoothie consi...
-
I was recently contacted by CSN stores to host a giveaway on my blog. What fun! CSN has over 200 stores with some super fun stuff... you ca...
-
It's one of those days. One in which I fought with my daughter over her desire to not get out of her warm jammies so that she could get ...
12 comments:
Great post!! I want to do the Girlfriends in October as well!!! Maybe we will get to meet up after all!
P.S. you are sooooo a runner!
You are going to have a great year! And I think you should come meet me and G at the San Francisco half in July!
GReat perspective..I am sure that there will be bumps along the way..when that happens try to remember how you felt when you wrote this post.
HUGS!! You are gonna be in the Tall Mom 1,000+++ club right??
Beautifully written! You have a wonderful year ahead of you--enjoy every minute!
You're right, it IS going to be a great year... I can't wait to see everyone step up the game even more this year!
Yay on your first Marathon! Enjoy your wonderful year :-).
You are going to have a great year - I just know it!!
Great Goals, my friend! I am tempted to do teh 1000 miles this year as well, but so far, I'm off to a terrible start!
I love your enthusiasm! What marathon in June? I am still trying to decided what full I want to sign up for. I am with TMB, you should come to SF, I am only an hour away and am thinking of heading out there for the half.
Very well said and so awesome! Yay!
First marathon is big stuff. Good luck!
Great post!!!
Post a Comment