The adrenaline is slowing down a bit and I'm less shaky as I write, but does anyone else go through the morning 5k??
The alarm goes off and Sleep tells you just 5 more minutes... that turns into 20 when your little one crawls in next to you (oh, who am I kidding, I'd still stay in for 20 more minutes!)
You race to the kitchen, make the required pot of coffee (EVERY morning I tell myself I should do this before going to bed at night.) and tell the crazy animals, uh, I mean kids, that you just need to take the dog out to go potty.
You race back in, get breakfast orders from your kids, make lunches (this morning sweet hubs did that! Thank you babe!), bark orders for them to hurry, brush their teeth, wash their faces, perhaps even comb their hair.
And on the days the sweet miss has school, a whole new level of crazy. Kick it in to high gear. Neither of us are fast morning movers. Which pants to wear? Which shirt? Which sweatshirt?? How to do the hair?? Oh. My. Word. The boys are so much easier! She barely makes it out the door on time as she races with the boys to the bus.
Breakfast for sweet B...
Another potty break for the pup...
Ready to lose it.
Breakfast made. Coffee at the ready.
Ahhhhhh.
A race is what it seems like without all the warm fuzzies. Just the anxiety, racing heartbeat and adrenaline rush.
We got word that the kids will be getting out early today. A possible dose of snow/freezing rain has the district planning ahead. Of course, this now means that it will only be rain and 38.
As my kids raced out the door I told them that if there's snow and freezing rain we'll just have to have cocoa when they get home. I also told them I'd be sure to get my run in while they were at school so I could get all my crabbies out.
The race.
Looking forward to 6 miles on the mill this morning. Not sure which game to play...
Also, looking forward to this...
The Girlfriend's Half Marathon!!
I've been stalking Active.com watching for registration to open and was so excited when I saw that it was open on Saturday! I signed up right away and am recruiting for others to join me. If you're looking for a beautiful course, a run that is sure to inspire, and an amazing time with your girlfriends, this is the race for you.
You can sign up here.
It makes me smile that to think a year ago I was just getting ready to run for the 1st time. Now, I'm counting down the days to marathon training, focusing on hitting 1,000 miles and signing up the the race that started it all for a second time. Big, beaming, smile!
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What A Difference The Hills Make
Hills. You either love them or hate them. Welcome them or dread them. Embrace or avoid them. Sometimes, I crave them. I seek them o...
-
I'll share more later, but, for now, I'm going to keep it short and sweet... 3:15 a.m. came early A smoothie consi...
-
I was recently contacted by CSN stores to host a giveaway on my blog. What fun! CSN has over 200 stores with some super fun stuff... you ca...
-
It's one of those days. One in which I fought with my daughter over her desire to not get out of her warm jammies so that she could get ...
7 comments:
Thinking about signing up too. I know I'm going to run it, but I am a commitment-phobe. :-) I see my knee doc on the 26th.
By the way, we has a morning like that too. And I'm attempting potty training Shiloh. :-) Fun stuff!
Love this post. I feel ya, Meredith!
feel ya. I took a deep breath after I dropped Caden off this morning (5 min) late. Such a whirlwind in the am.
I did that morning 5K yesterday, only to realize that as I pulled into school parking lot...it was a late start Monday. ARGH.
I am so excited to run Portland, but oh so sad that girlfriends isn't in the cards this fall. I WILL be there though. Taking pics and cheering for my amazing friends.
The morning 5K is a little different once the kids are grown. Believe it or not, you miss it!
Would a trip for the halfy be fun, maybe I'll check that one out. I have tagged you in the Stylish Blogger Award post that will go up tomorrow. I'll be out of town for work so I am letting you know early.
Hey Meredith - hope all is well! I've been under the weather for the past week or so, now I'm playing 'catch up' with blog reading. Hope all is well with you!!!
Post a Comment