Tuesday, January 25, 2011

She Almost Made Me Forget

I mentioned Ella was puking when we got home.

To just say that doesn't really give the full idea of what that meant.

It meant that on by Sunday evening she was puking every 15 minutes.

It meant that I was up with her EIGHT times on Sunday night and Cory was up with her once.

It meant that the every 15 minute thing carried on until Monday afternoon.

Then went to every 2-3.

Until finally, at 7:00 pm she puked for the last time.

It meant that my planned run for yesterday did not happen because I didn't dare leave her side to puke by herself.

It meant that she had to stay home from school today.

We snuggled. And snuggled. And painted her nails.

We watched wedding dress shows and Bubble Guppies and Word World.

Then, when it came time for me to run, I mentioned I was going to go change my clothes...

"No!! I want to snuggle you!!"

She almost got me. Even as I changed my clothes I debated. I WAS tired, after all. She was sick and I'm sure would love more snuggles. But, I remembered just in time.

Remember this?

Yep. So did I.

4 miles ran and I felt fantastic.

Showered.

Dressed (actual clothes not jammies or sweats!).

And Brenton, Ella and I went and enjoyed a little fresh air and a walk with the dog.

So thankful I remembered as it helped to change all our attitudes and rev all our engines!

4 comments:

Haddon Family said...

oh my gosh that happened to us two nights ago. My oldest got it... i caught it with abucket every 15 minutes during the entire night. then I hear the baby start puking, and then I start puking. The three of us, all night... every 15 minutes. Needless to say we didnt get a lot of sleep and im way behind on my blogging!

Amy said...

I'm so glad she's feeling better, poor girl.

Glad you got your run in and were still able to enjoy your beautiful day!

Tortuga_Runner said...

Glad your little one is feeling better and that you got in a run to help you feel better too. Sounds like a pretty great day. Cheers to continued better days.

Karen Seal said...

Awesome! Glad she is doing better! Great job on the 4 miles! :0)

What A Difference The Hills Make

Hills. You either love them or hate them. Welcome them or dread them. Embrace or avoid them. Sometimes, I crave them.  I seek them o...