I woke up this morning irritated that the stupid alarm was going off. I mean, really. Why in the world was it going off so stinkin' early?? Oh. Yeah. That's right. I wanted it to...
5:45.
On a summer morning.
And I was tired.
Hop out. Shorts on. Shirt on. Bar in mouth. Shoes on. Garmin on. I-pod ready. Walk out the door...
Brrrrrrrrrrr!
Stinkin' cold.
And it's almost July.
Out of pure stubborness I ignored the fact the I probably should have had a sweatshirt on.
It's almost July for pete's sake.
Off I go.
Only 4.
Did I mention it was cold??
Pushing through. Legs heavy. Arms numb. Mind foggy.
4 miles ran.
And really, my times were where they should be.
4 easy miles...
9:40
9:24
9:42
9:50
But, holy cow!
Maybe I should have listened when the alarm went off.
Maybe I should have rolled back over.
Because right now, I have coffee at the ready. I'm working hard to keep my eyes open. My arms are still freezing. And truth be told, I'm really thinking about crawling right back into bed once all the kids are fed. Stinky clothes and all...
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What A Difference The Hills Make
Hills. You either love them or hate them. Welcome them or dread them. Embrace or avoid them. Sometimes, I crave them. I seek them o...
-
I was recently contacted by CSN stores to host a giveaway on my blog. What fun! CSN has over 200 stores with some super fun stuff... you ca...
-
It's one of those days. One in which I fought with my daughter over her desire to not get out of her warm jammies so that she could get ...
-
I woke up at 6:45 Saturday morning and glanced at the clock. Excitement filled my body. Knowing, the very next day, I would be toeing the ...
3 comments:
Cold? I am jealous. Great job getting it done. You'll appreciate it later!
Good job. i have to say my alarm went off, i dozed for a few, was about to get out of bed, and my husband grabbed me. Enough said. no run. :)
today you are my idol the fact that you got up and got a run in is awesome sorry you are still thawing out. I have not been able to pull myself out of bed early yet this summer I am taking full advantage of being able to sleep in. Maybe tomorrow I will attempt an early mornin run, maybe :)
Post a Comment