Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Just One Look

I have a tendency to be a little OCD when it comes to races. I play them over and over in my head. Replaying each moment. Wondering if I could have pushed more. Given more. Done more. What would I change? What can I do better? What will get me to my goal?

What would I change about Eugene?

Probably not the best thing to actually RACE Hood to Coast the weekend before. I should have stuck to the plan. Enjoyed some nice, beautiful runs and focus on them being EASY runs! But, as I've said before, how do you not race?? People to pass. People to pass you. Lesson learned. NO back to back races if I want to PR.

I also started WAY too fast. Need to put on the breaks. Need to trust my body. Need to believe that as long as I race smart, I will get there without using all my body has in the first half.

What can I do better?

Pace myself. Go in with a plan. Make sure I know that plan forward and backward and every which way in between.

Trust my training.

What will get me to my goal?

Speedwork. It starts tomorrow morning. I've got a date with the track. Can't wait!

Researching what carbs will fuel my wheat free body best.

Making sure I am as fit and ready as I can be.

However, when I saw the pictures from the race yesterday, all it took was one look at this picture.

Just one. And I knew. I had given it my all. Everything I had. I crossed that line with tears in my eyes. Wheezing. Trying to get air to my lungs. Depleted. I. Had. Nothing. Left.

I love this picture. I see the pain. I see determination. I see a strong women pushing.

I gave it my all. And for the next 4 weeks and 5 days I will give it my all to achieve my goal. Knowing that I played all my cards and put it all out there.

5 comments:

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

love that picture. you look so strong.

Zaneta @ Runner's Luck said...

You do look strong! You are a strong woman! I love that picture! :D

Eryn said...

I love the picture too...you look focused and pushing pushing pushing. You are amazing! I can't wait to see what you can do at GF 1/2~

Julie D. said...

great picture! keep pushing, friend!

Wendy said...

Great picture! Loved reading about your mile repeats at the track.

What A Difference The Hills Make

Hills. You either love them or hate them. Welcome them or dread them. Embrace or avoid them. Sometimes, I crave them.  I seek them o...