Sunday, September 26, 2010

I Spy

I spy with own running eye...

134 beer bottles/cans (that was starting at mile 5).

Countless McDonald's cups.

2 squirrels getting ready for winter.

One mooing cow that took me by surprise (I guess he just wanted to say "Hi!").

One rotting carcass of a medium sized animal (I saw the rib cage!).

Many little vodka bottles.

Lots of red plastic cups.

One jug of Orange juice (wonder what they were making??).

One slipper.

One sweater.

Two tennis shoes (not matching).

One disgusting condom (ewwwww!!).

Lots of rain drops.

Lots of polite drivers.

11 hilly miles flying by.

I had a great run this morning. Finishing with a 9:56 average pace. Right where I need to be. I did have to stop and stretch a few times and I found it a bit funny that my stomach was rumbling with hunger pains for most of the run (we weren't home much of yesterday and apparently I didn't eat enough!). But, overall, the run felt great. It was peaceful and I enjoyed a little old school Dave Matthews while I ran - hearing my shoes slosh with rain the entire time! Thankful to be able to run 11 miles. Looking forward to next week's 13!

No comments:

What A Difference The Hills Make

Hills. You either love them or hate them. Welcome them or dread them. Embrace or avoid them. Sometimes, I crave them.  I seek them o...