There are many reasons I run.
One reason, however, pushes me harder and farther.
The reason is my brother.
He cannot run.
I can.
Remember?
13.1 for me and 13.1 for him.
Then, today, while on facebook, a friend posted this.
This is a guy I went to high school with. He graduated a year ahead of me and while I didn't know him well, I remember him being a great guy.
It appears he lived life to the full before his accident and is continuing to push on and live life to the full in spite of his accident.
Talk about inspiration.
I can whine because I'm tired.
I can be disappointed because I didn't achieve my goal.
I can.
However.
The fact of the matter is, I GET to run!
As I pushed through in Eugene and started to get mad, I reminded myself that I GOT to run that race. I WANTED to run that race. There was no place I would rather be. (well, Mexico, on the beach, with some chips and guacamole would be nice.) But, still, I love running. I GET to run.
And any time I forget that I really do love it, that I am so very thankful for it, I'll just need to remind myself of my brother, Jason, and all those who simply cannot run right now.
Thank you for sharing your story Jason!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What A Difference The Hills Make
Hills. You either love them or hate them. Welcome them or dread them. Embrace or avoid them. Sometimes, I crave them. I seek them o...
-
I'll share more later, but, for now, I'm going to keep it short and sweet... 3:15 a.m. came early A smoothie consi...
-
I was recently contacted by CSN stores to host a giveaway on my blog. What fun! CSN has over 200 stores with some super fun stuff... you ca...
-
It's one of those days. One in which I fought with my daughter over her desire to not get out of her warm jammies so that she could get ...
3 comments:
wow... that was really inspirational! wow...
wow, that was incredible! so much to be thankful for :)
The video was so beautiful of Jason and his family. Thank you for sharing that too Mere! Very, very inspirational. Amazing that he still continues to push on with so much determination. Beautiful!
Post a Comment